Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHY AS SEAT STOPPED FITTING THIS ENGINE ?. IT COULD BE DUE TOO EU6dTEMP/WLTP ? ANYONE KNOW WANT THIS MEANS

·
Registered
299 Posts
I thought it was to do with shortage of engines but I could be wrong. Just had a look on the UK configurator and it shows the 1.5 but then says that they're subject to stock.

·
Registered
538 Posts
There is new emissions standards coming. EU6 version d
(temp is a short term interim level to allow time to meet tougher specs)

Probably not yet upgraded engine to meet it (or hasn't yet been tested), so have suspended new orders for a while from 7th April. Probably when it reopens will get latest version.

There is a rumour (unconfirmed) that EU6d (full spec, not temp spec) engines will only be available with DSG gearboxes, the extra control helps meet the tough emissions rules

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS GUYS WHEN I READ THIS ON ANOTHER FORUM I THOUGHT THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE ENGINE, GLAD I GOT MINE WHEN I DID

·
Registered
29 Posts
All this fits in with what I've been on about in several posts!
When I approached Seat and Volkswagen to ask why the dsg was changing up at ridiculously low speeds I was told that, due to the tougher Europe emissions rules, the gear change is set at 2000rpm and that's how it is! Live with it!
Absolutely bonkers that I still find myself doing 25mph in 6th gear with the engine sounding really laboured!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This engine is really smooth and plenty power when you need it and cuts to 2 cylinders when cruising .It would be a real shame if its taken out of the line up. Not done enough miles to get a true mpg but already better than the 2l ecoboost ford I had before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts