Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a bug or if its on purpose.

in the screen settings you have an option to turn the screen off after 10 secs. Thing is this goes back to off when you turn off the car and this is annoying. Is this a bug I wonder ? as an example the rear view mirrors folding mode on/off is saved with ignition off.

Additionally when set to off after 10 secs it will still wake up if you wave your hand - I find it too sensitive so if you change gear most probably you will wake up the screen anyway.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The wave your hand near the screen is called gesture control

It can be turned off (from memory) go into car (picture of front of car), settings, scroll to the screen settings and untick a box called gesture control

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thks for the reminder

But.. again the 10 sec counter to screen off option goes back to off with ignition power off -> on

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine does the same and resets its self to off when the car is turned off.

What did make me laugh was, When its set to switch off after 10 seconds and I switch to the Sat Nav after 10 seconds the screen goes blank !!
I know I have the smaller screen between the dials but the bigger screen where you can zoom out for a bigger picture of queues or road closures is helpful.
The Sat Nav I think should be exempt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alandl said:
Mine does the same and resets its self to off when the car is turned off.

What did make me laugh was, When its set to switch off after 10 seconds and I switch to the Sat Nav after 10 seconds the screen goes blank !!
I know I have the smaller screen between the dials but the bigger screen where you can zoom out for a bigger picture of queues or road closures is helpful.
The Sat Nav I think should be exempt.
I have the 8" but I can say it offers the best combo, meaning
- screen always on or
- screen off after 10 secs, on again on hand waving/mov detect
- off after 10 secs, on only when pressing button or tscreen (mov detect off)
perfect would be to be able to setup the screen off timeout but that´s asking too much already

Thing is it makes no sense to reset on key off as it is surely not a securiy enforcing feature (like front assist resetting always to on)
It is just a "save" byte in the software table nothing else

Anyone knows the seat software dev department phone number or email ? lolol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.