Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Well it arrived last Friday on the low loader from Hatfield to Cornwall with 10 miles on the clock. 5 weeks later than I was informed due to the GSM and seat belt issues, but we got there in the end.

So first impressions, much as everybody on here as stated comfortable, has decent build quality, by that I mean no rattles, solid closing of the doors, at times you have to slam them, a good boot space. Drives good , its relatively quiet at speed, I love the gear change and gear box. Good SAT NAV.
The engine sounds a little grumbly, but I would put that down to being a three cylinder , not a bad thing but sounds like a diesel.

Performance, by that I mean fuel consumption, is reasonable. At present I'm achieving around 44.8mpg over the 515 miles its done so far which is a mixture of round town and dual carriageway. I'm still running it, so no more that 3000 rpm, only half throttle through the gears but I expect that to get better as the miles pile on

OK good bits over, niggles. Whilst the infotainment system is good for this Price Point, it can be a little frustrating sometimes. I like to drive with the Fuel Range showing in the screen between the speedo and rev counter and then I like to alternate it between the SAT NAV. I use the Sat Nav a lot in my job. I won't bore you with the details but as you know on the steering wheel there is a"view button" which allows you to alternate the screen.
For some unknown reason it will lose the Sat Nav and give me something else, WHY!!!!

Also perhaps the biggest bugbear for me, is the actual infotainment screen itself. It has great graphics the SAT Nav beats my Garmin hands down, (why I changed from TomTom I'll never know, the biggest waste of my time and money ever. That's my opinion) . Within an hour the screen is full of finger prints. I now have to carry a small spray with screen cleaner in and a micro fibre cloth in the door pocket.

But hey ho that's life. In our BMW we have the infamous iDrive which is frustrating in itself, but it leaves the screen smudge free.

Marks out of 10 after one week and 512 miles, a definite 9/10. For its price bracket and build quality, forget the plastics they are naff, this a good car.

I will see how it performs over the next 12 months and 35k miles before I commit, but first impressions are good.

Tone

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine was really grumbly at first, yes I agree was as loud as my diesel, goods news is after 2000 miles of sensible driving the engine is a little less noisier. Average mpg is between 44 and 48 mainly short trips.
My bugbear is unlike my Leon I could turn on or off dimmed rear mirror, would like to have the choice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't like the Sat Nav, Tone. I had TomTom on a Pocket PC that I loved since 2003! However TomTom dumbed it down with the stand alone devices so as a replacement last year I went for a Garmin Drive Smart 61. I get lifetime updates of cameras and maps and live traffic. The Garmin is better all round for usability and has free regular updates unlike SEAT's offering. Using the Garmin I get the Arona screen free for infotainment.

The Arona SatNav shows the car symbol on a sea of yellow when zoomed out and you are on a minor road. Why, on such a high definition screen? The zoom facility is poor and trying to touch the tiny buttons on the move is impossible. The 3D view is poor. The automatic zoom is poor.

The route programming is poor (I'm not saying anything about the navigation though) because I like to program it using the map, not type in an address.

I have some small rattles at 850 miles.

My biggest gripe is the snatching brakes. It doesn't take much pressure to brake to a near stop and jolt the passengers. Emergency type stops are a nightmare. I am a light braker so I think my usage isn't helping run in the brakes. I did stand on them a couple of times, which seems to have helped but they still grind a bit.

I have a small chip out of one of the alloys.

Other than that I'm very happy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My only gripe is the phone hook up .. ringing another Apple phone it's fine , ringing another phone hooked up to a Skoda or VW it's fine ..
Ring a landline tho and they can't hear you at all so have to unplug and use phone on speaker which is pointless ..
can't have everything perfect I suppose

1 - 4 of 4 Posts