Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just booked the car in for its second service at 2 years and the receptionist has convinced me to have an air conditioning service, I am now concerned I may be having something I dont need.

The first price he quoted was £129 which I blanched at which was then reduced to £99 as a special offer.

All my previous cars from new up to about 5 years old have not needed a service, an old Kia at about 5 years needed a regas but that was it. He explained that with the new refrigerant introduced in 2017 it has made servicing more important.

Has anyone had any experience of this or am I paying for something I dont need?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like a another stealer con. Unless you have noticed a problem with the system probably best to save your money. I know some manufacturers in the past have not always topped the systems up so as to make you pay for a re-gas, but if it aint broken it don't need fixin.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just taken a look at my 2 yr service plan contract. It covers checking and top-up of Antifreeze and Windscreen Washer fluids and renewing brake fluid but doesn't mention air conditioning at all. I'd expect and indeed insist that the 2 yr service plan covers all servicing costs over the first 2 years and Seat obviously doesn't believe it needs to include an air conditioning 'service'. So, like kobe, I'd question the dealer's view especially if you air-con is working ok.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As long as you regularly use A/C a service is not required. If you don't use it the seals dry out and you loose all the refrigerant.
Just px a 10 yr old Fiesta owned from new, never had an A/C service ever and still working.

G

·
If it's not broken don't fix it,they are trying to extract as much money out of you as they can,save your hard earned cash

·
Registered
629 Posts
I had same rubbish, suggested air con service, just decline it.

It's a money grabbing idea on a par with offering to replace the air in your tyres, with new batch of fresh air
Pointless waste of time if working correctly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used to work for a main dealer as a service advisor. Air con services were an upsell that we were expected to offer especially if the car is over 2 years old.

Let just say I didn't last very long doing that job, I couldn't bear selling people things they don't need!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts