Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not keen on the white dash in the Xcellence and soon to be forced on the Lux too.

However I thought there might be remedial solutions.

• Paint. Being a plastic part, perhaps an undercoat for plastic, then a colour of one's choice on top. This would be difficult with the narrow strips. It would not be easily removed.
  • Sticky backed or glued on material. I had thought of faux leather/leatherette. This would be fiddly for the narrow strips. It may look unsightly at the edges if the alignment and sizing is wrong. It would be readily removed
  • Replacement. Get the panel part from another spec Arona and have the garage fit it. Personally, this would be my preferred solution. I think the SE is black, which is what I would go for. This is likely to be the most expensive solution and I have no idea what it is likely to cost.

My wife tells me I should get the car before I think about customisation, but well, I don't like the white.

·
Registered
420 Posts
One person mentioned Black Carbon which would look OK and add a bit of class

·
Registered
420 Posts
One person mentioned Black Carbon wrap which would look OK and add a bit of class

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Having had my Arona for a few days, my wife and daughter like the dash. They say it is not a plain white but a slightly, pearlescent or silvery white. They think it adds a touch of class.

Personally, I am now not offended by it. I could easily live with it and it is not distracting.

If you have not sat in the car with it then you should at least do that, especially if this is a major reason for rejection of this trim.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree , the dash is actually very nice and having now had the car since March 12 th would encourage you to get the new car and you can see the new dashboard and form an opinion on it - it is a nice feature imho , and I would just ask you to
Remember that with a dark roof cloth , once you darken the dash of will be very dark interior?

G

·
I'd vinyl wrap it if you aren't happy. I did this with a BMW and my Touareg. Do it properly and it looks great... Upside is that it is totally reversible, useful if you've bought on a lease...

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
See if you can get the dash from the scrap yard before even attempting to paint it yourself, next, how easy is it to get the unwanted dash out in the first place? don't spoil a new car by painting it yourself, do you know you can get a good enough finish and be happy with it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seats and extras , how about building the Cars before we have to make a Decision on the Interior and Extras . just someone give us an Idea if it is this Year or next !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd just like a car. White pearlised white or green with a blue border? I'm not fussy Mind you it's a good job that I'm Not with this bunch of cowboys?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am sorry about the lack of a car and the frustration it causes. (If you are serious about just wanting a car Cottonlane, then walk away and give your money to a company with more consideration for its customers or buy a stock car. I bought a stock car so didn't wait more than a few weeks).

Your comments about the interior dash style are relevant and welcome here. I have gone full circle and like the pearlescent dash. I would be under pain of death at the hands of my wife and daughter should I bring up the subject of changing it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would suggest a wrap. They come in all colours including carbon

·
Registered
355 Posts
Go have a look at a Normal SE or Excellence.
I am glad I insisted on the Leather covered dash now. as think it looks so much better. especially when paying extra for the Lux you want to be a step up from the others.

·
Registered
14 Posts
had my ex lux 1.6 tdi for a week now and the white dash is not that bad the leather dash looks imitation and cheep to me
had heated seats beats audio and digital dash so i am happy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I walked in to a dealers a few weeks ago and bought an Xcellence from stock, picked it up the next day. Didn't really give the white dash much though but now I've had it for a few weeks I really like it, it does lift what is otherwise a very dark interior.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts