Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
After hanging on to see when Seat will release the 1.6 TDI in the Arona, I was finally told last week that the UK will get these engines in the Arona around June next year.
I can't wait that long so last Thursday I ordered a FR 1.5 TSI in desire red with a black roof - just like the one in the TV advert, I added a spare wheel as the only option.
I've known my dealer for a number of years and brought the wifes Ateca from him last year. He says as current UK orders are low were on a 12 week build which takes mine to 1st March next year. Just waiting for Seat to confirm build week now.
It seams that the Aroona in the UK could be on for the virtual dashboard in Q2 next year, I've not had this is confirmed yet.
Now I just need to wait.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a call from the dealer this morning regarding my order.
So the initial order was 8th December 17, this was passed throught to Seat on the 11th December 17.
Build week is to be the 6th week (5th Feb), car is estimated to be in the UK by or around the end of Feb.
Dealer has said if this is true I can have the car on the 2nd or 3rd March.

The end is in sight which is good, but it seams that we have short builds times than the guys who have ordered Ateca's. On their forum they are looking at 5 months.
Our Ateca was ordered on the 3rd Oct 16 and delivered on the 19th Dec, and the wife collected it on the 24th (her christmas present).

Once car arrives I'll post a picture of the Arona and my Ateca together.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I believe the ateca list was due to the engine supply of the 1.4. I know when I sold my tiguan the waiting list was 6+ on those. I think the idea that seat has had of fixed spec and no options, dose at the minute seem to be reducing build times quite noticeably. I ordered mine in middle of November, the delay on mine has been waiting for the release of the 1.5 and the colour else I would have probably had it by now but it's due end of Feb beginning of March.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.