Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to use apple maps rather than the internal satnav. I find it more detailed (inc speed cameras) and it also shows the turn by turn in the digital display (the simple black and white version) I was wondering how come none of the other SatNav systems (Google, Waze, Sygic, Tom Tom) have the ability even though they are all apple car play

Strange

·
Registered
18 Posts
I tend to use apple maps rather than the internal satnav. I find it more detailed (inc speed cameras) and it also shows the turn by turn in the digital display (the simple black and white version) I was wondering how come none of the other SatNav systems (Google, Waze, Sygic, Tom Tom) have the ability even though they are all apple car play

Strange
Hi pk,
Do you connect your phone via a usb cable and does the Google Maps image appear on the infotainment screen and the digital binnacle in front of the drive.
Thanks…

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, phone is connected by USB, Apple maps does appear in the Digital dash in front of the driver, albeit it just shows the black and white instruction (same as the inbuilt Satnav unless you elect to have the full map showing there). None of the others work you simply get the compass showing

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, phone is connected by USB, Apple maps does appear in the Digital dash in front of the driver, albeit it just shows the black and white instruction (same as the inbuilt Satnav unless you elect to have the full map showing there). None of the others work you simply get the compass showing
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
On android NONE of the mentioned apps display on the dash....only the "radio" !
Not sure if apple is the same, but i suspect itll be a limitaion of the cars firmware..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm intrigued, I have a 70 plate FR Sport with the digital dash, yet if I use anything other than Apple Maps off my phone or the in built system I only get the compass showing and that includes Waze???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use android auto 2021 fr sport and it shows in both map on display and when to turn on dash
Now I am confused:confused: Presumably this is with Waze? Do you have to set anything up in Waze to do it? I know with Apple Maps it just does it. Set the destination and it appears on the infotainment screen, set the dash to the flag and I get the turn by turn???? This is doing my head in :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts