Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm actually pretty new myself. Mostly I've used import cars, mostly Asian designed ones. So I'm getting ready to buy my first Seat car here in a little while. Saving up for it now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
new to Seat but hubby drives a Skoda Octavia 1.6 Greenline estate which looking at the dashboard in the Arona is very similar ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
New to Seat but a long time VW group owner, have had a couple VW's (Polo, 2x Up!'s) and an Audi A1. Test driving the Arona I was amazed at how well the car drives just like all the other VW group cars, the styling is better and the equipment is excellent.

·
Registered
156 Posts
New to Seat but long time Skoda owner. Arona FR ordered and should be landing in the UK today or tomorrow. Does anybody know how long they usually take to get to the Dealers?

·
Registered
299 Posts
It depends on what port they arrive into and the distance from there onwards to your local dealer. If I remember correctly my last was about a week and half from landing in the country to being ready at the dealers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
New to Seat but our last two cars have been Skodas so very similar. Unfortunately Skoda didn't have anything at time of ordering that fitted the bill as they stoped selling the Yeti.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I am New to the SEAT brand, had lots of VW cars in the past, and moving from a Golf to the Arona.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey. I am kinda new to seat, had a little arosa years back but then moved onto suzuki with the vitara being the car just now but just ordered seat arona xcellance start of feb, hopefully get it in april fingers crossed anyways as i have no futher forward date as yet

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have owned 3 Skoda Yetis (Have one at present), looking to downsize a bit, so its going to be the Fr for me !

·
Registered
26 Posts
I started with a VW Polo, my wife had a VW Beetle first. There was another VW Polo before we changed to Seat (with two Minis (originals), one Opel Kadett, one Ford Focus and one Ka, one Peugeot 405 and one Renault Laguna - experiences between, not to forget one specially nice Alfa Romeo GT).

Our first Seat was an old square looking Ibiza. Later we had a newer Ibiza modell and later on an Alhambra. The second Alhambra we just drove about 2 - 3 Years. Now our two sons and we are still driving Seat, three at the moment: one white Ibiza, one black Leon and our Arona. drei seats.jpg

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi Mary
Think you are more likely to get it in May. from most people on here, its looking like a 16 weeks lead time.
My Dealer has told me 16 weeks now. was told 10-12 at first. so mines due in early to mid June.

Will: You have good collection of Seats now..
I started with a Triumph Hearld LOL. 2 fiats panda's, Fiat Uno Turbo, Land Rover 109, Toyota Corolla, Ford Granada Cosworth, Mercedes 190E, Mercedes A Class, Volvo S60, 2 x Peugeot 406's, Opel Zafira and Astra, 4x VW Passat's, VW Cross UP!, 2x VW Golfs. I may have missed some, think i got most of them, and lot of Company cars. + Suzuki GS100 motorbike, Kawasaki GPZ500s, and ZX6R Ninja supersport tuned. Honda 400/4 Race bike. and have driven quiet a few Porsche, TVR, Bentley etc. and navigated in a Rally Car for a few seasons. closed circuit, tarmac and gravel.
Bit of a Petrol head LOL.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Yes new to the VAG group apart from owning a 1972 VW camper van a wile ago, looking forward to getting my new SEAT Arona soon hopefully!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Been buying new Seats for the last 12 years. Had 1 used (Toledo 1998 on R Plate). 1 Leon 2006 3 Ibiza 2010, 2014, and 2016 and now have Arona on order. Wife had a Mii for 2 years but didn't like the auto box. Used same dealer every time and had excellence service.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I did miss some, had ford Orion, and Focus, a Citroen Xantia from the pool cars, for a few months whilst waiting for me new company car arrive.
Some people stick with the same make all the time, i've tried a lotto different makes, mostly as company cars.
Its sometimes a gamble to switch to a different manufacturer, away from the what you are used too.
I remember once an EX GF's dad asked what car i had, and i had the Orion at the time, and I he said instantly "So you are a Ford MAN".
I said NO, it was the right car at the right price and specification at that time.
Its not better or worse than any other, it was what suited what i wanted at the time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I traded in a Peugeot 2008 for a SEAT Ateca just over a year ago (my first SEAT) and I was so impressed with it that my wife has just taken delivery of a new Arona SE Technology for herself.

She had been looking for some time, but as soon as she saw one in the showroom, it was love at first sight! ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
I will also be new to Seat
Currently have a Skoda Yeti and a Skoda Roomster

The Yeti is on a lease and is due to go back in few months, which is why we are buying the Arona. Wanted something no bigger than Yeti (ideally bit smaller) and Arona seemed perfect

My car History includes 2 Peugeot's, 6 Skoda and a Mercedes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts