Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have an fr on the way and I'm contemplating having an arm rest fitted once it's arrived however I remember seeing a post saying that it's too far back so your arm doesn't sit on it properly?

Just after some opinions from those who have one :)

Also, does the car come with a spare key or do you just get one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I fitted the genuine leather arm rest to my Arona (it's a 10min job). It slides backwards and forwards and is perfectly find for me. I'm 6ft 5 too.

Car should come with 2x Remote keys

·
Registered
77 Posts
This post https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=532#p3971
shows mine after I fitted it. The drivers seat is pushed forward and the lid of the arm rest is in its rearmost position.
It depends on the seat position as to whether or not you can rest your arm on it. I find that if the seat height is raised then the armrest is too low. If you are short and have the seat forward then the armrest will be too far back.
I don't tend to rest my arm on it, after all you are meant to keep both hands on the wheel when driving!
It does provide useful extra storage though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
nigel58 said:
If you are short and have the seat forward then the armrest will be too far back.
That's as I find it. Still don't regret fitting it though. It makes the interior look more complete, and of course is useful storage as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid unnecessarily for the supplying dealer to fit as it is a very easy job. That said I'm still really pleased with it. The fabric version matches the FR trim perfectly. It does adjust backwards and forwards with a quality feel. It's a shame the angle up and down doesn't adjust with a ratchet mechanism like so many do but a mod should be fairly easy to raise the height if required. Well worth it and finished the job off.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I recently purchased a bracket to wall mount my TV. Included in the kit were some black plastic spacers for certain TV brands.

I've used a couple of them to increase the height of the armrest in my Arona as per photo.

It may not be the most elegant of solutions, but the extra couple of centimetres makes quite a difference to the level of comfort.

IMG_20190621_164839_compress47.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts