Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally got around to fitting the armrest for the SEAT Arona/Ibiza. I sourced it through Michael Hindle at Listers SEAT Worcester 01905 346808 [email protected] who is currently selling them for £90 either cloth or leather including postage.

Ordered on Monday delivered next day via Parcel Force. I went for the leather and it should be standard across the range really if not Tech Lux and above as a minimum for the cost of the car compared to say a Leon. It is standard in Xcellence and Xcellence Lux trims. It is a high quality item and probably the highest quality component of the interior which to be frank is a tad on the plastic side. Interior of the armrest is felt lined, the open and close is nicely damped and the armrest also slides forwards and backwards. Nice bit of kit!

Fitting took about 15 mins and instructions are included. In simple terms, remove existing tray at the rear of the centre console, undo two bolts, the only two you can see. Insert metal brackets included in the kit and put the bolts back on. Clip in armrest and add two more bolts supplied in the kit to two rear threaded studs that the arm rest holes at the rear fit over. Then finally add two more black bolts to two existing holes at the side of the centre console, tighten before clipping on supplied back section.

After a short drive, strangely I have found the car to be slightly more quiet? Not sure if it is due to reducing nose coming from the centre console or absorbing noise within the interior, but there is less road noise... My next mod is to add sound dampening to both the front doors.

G

·
Looks like a really neat job. Nice work @Cyberbob!

I'm thinking of doing the same after I pick up my Arona. How hard was popping off the tray?

Also, am I right in saying that the rest can slide forward a bit?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pilki42 said:
Looks like a really neat job. Nice work @Cyberbob!

I'm thinking of doing the same after I pick up my Arona. How hard was popping off the tray?

Also, am I right in saying that the rest can slide forward a bit?
The tray pulled off in my hand with a reasonable tug!

Yes the armrest slides forwards to almost the handbrake button.

Very worthwhile upgrade and you can always sell on eBay come trade on time - for me a couple of years time.

G

·
Definitely, one to consider!

My build week is next week, so hoping it should be ready to collect Mid-November. Methinks around then I might pop an order in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pilki42 said:
Definitely, one to consider!

My build week is next week, so hoping it should be ready to collect Mid-November. Methinks around then I might pop an order in.
Yep, usually 4 weeks from build to delivery, see if you can get a deal with your supplying dealer they sometimes offer a 10% discount or contact Mike as I cannot fault their service or price! He usually has them in stock where your supplying dealer may have to order in...

·
Registered
66 Posts
got mine yesterday from lister worcester very helpful people ..took around 15-20min to fit works and looks great ..this is after seat uk telling me that it wasn't available ...after i told them it was and who was supplying them they checked and issued a apology .. well done lister worcester!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Listers - Worcester for me too! £90 for the leather version including VAT and delivery. Very prompt and helpful responses to E-Mails. Just need an Arona now to put round it! Car ordered yesterday via the Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) "Boundless" website, so still a l o n g wait ahead before delivery, hopefully March 1st 2019.

A quick edit to add that I give maximum brownie points to Listers - Worcester. Armrest was delivered 22 hours after ordering - very pleased! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts