Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Seat Portsmouth and have been informed (after letting off steam and asking for a bit of honesty)
That the Lux models are to lose the Alcantara upholstery and be replaced with Beats Audio/heated seats/washers but not mine as it was already a confirmed order made in late Feb.
They also have a safety recall on the wireless charging
I have also just been alarmingly informed that my Arona DSG/LUX ordered week 8 and expected at first no later than week 20/21 then told 4 week delay ( wait 4 it) will in fact not get to me before week 31/32 omg That will be AUG. 23/24 weeks from ordering

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think the waiting list is getting daft. They need to do something as surely it will turn future customers away as most won't wait so long for an order on a little crossover. We waited 5 months for ours and should have gone elsewhere as although it's fine There are plenty of equaly nice cars out there that don't have a massive waiting list. We looked at a Toyota chr thing. Although horrible to look at we could have had it sat outside in less than 2 weeks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sounds like that in addition to the normal 12-14 weeks, all Xcelence Lux are now extra 14-15 weeks so the wait list has grown from 24 weeks (for the Feb order) to nearer 27-29 weeks

A German forum is suggesting Delivery is now 6-7 months, regardless of configuration, so not just a UK problem

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mandaroo said:
I think the waiting list is getting daft. They need to do something as surely it will turn future customers away as most won't wait so long for an order on a little crossover. We waited 5 months for ours and should have gone elsewhere as although it's fine There are plenty of equaly nice cars out there that don't have a massive waiting list. We looked at a Toyota chr thing. Although horrible to look at we could have had it sat outside in less than 2 weeks.
Lol 😂! That's why you can get it in two weeks !!!! Keep the faith !!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't get me wrong. The car looked like something my 6 year old would design. Just a shame that SEAT/Skoda don't appear to have the capacity to build cars in such large numbers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
catchacold2 said:
Just got back from Seat Portsmouth and have been informed (after letting off steam and asking for a bit of honesty)
That the Lux models are to lose the Alcantara upholstery and be replaced with Beats Audio/heated seats/washers but not mine as it was already a confirmed order made in late Feb.
They also have a safety recall on the wireless charging
I have also just been alarmingly informed that my Arona DSG/LUX ordered week 8 and expected at first no later than week 20/21 then told 4 week delay ( wait 4 it) will in fact not get to me before week 31/32 omg That will be AUG. 23/24 weeks from ordering
See my post about the excellence lux spec change, I'm a motability customer and this is my first car and is perfect for my needs unfortunately I kind of have to wait but if push comes to shove I do have another car in mind if the wait gets silly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mandaroo said:
Don't get me wrong. The car looked like something my 6 year old would design. Just a shame that SEAT/Skoda don't appear to have the capacity to build cars in such large numbers.
They are starting to open more production lines soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just left the Seat dealer 1hr ago the salesman was very down telling me he had 5 Aronas he cannot release because of the charging recall
5 rather irate customers methinks now advising 24 week wait for factory order .

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have been told be SEAT CC, its 26 weeks as of orders from this week and confirmed by my dealer.
and changes to the LUX spec, also confirmed by SEAT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been told my FR Sport won't be built until week 28 (July). Well annoyed and engaging with Customer Care for compensation as this has resulted in an additional 3 moths hire vehicle costs. Apparently it is pipeline time for engines and seat leather????

·
Registered
355 Posts
NO. PIPELINE TIME IS BULL.

ALL 1.5 ENGINES ARE ON HOLD AS THEY HAVE NOT PASSED THE WLTP TESTS.
ALL MAKES AND MODELS AND ENGINE SIZES MUST PASS THROUGH THE WLTP TESTS, WHICH IS THE NEW REAL WORLD MPG TESTS, AND IS TAKING OVER FROM NEDC TESTING.
I FOUND THIS OUT TODAY FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE DEALERSHIP GROUP I ORDERED MY ARONA FROM.

Which makes more sense as the new tests are very involved and every model has to comply with the testing.
the 1.0TSi is done already, but they never got the 1.5TSi finished in time and this has caused all 1.5TSi engines to be placed in HOLD.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have, what a load of CRAP.
No straight answers.
I Actually sort of made my mid up now to cancel my order.
I order in MID feb and it is still in status 10, not even confirmed yet.
im back off to VW, as the Dealer Ive been using is FANTASTIC, and i can't fault the service level.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shame as the new Arona gets great reviews. I have decided to hang on and suffer the pain. I hope customer services offer me appropriate compensation but I won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I ordered mine on 17th Feb
and now being told the spec has changed. I started looking for a new car in December and looked into lots of cars, video reviews, write ups. test drivers etc etc. before i decided on this LUXURY version of the Arona. now all i am getting is an Excellence with a few extra toys. whoopee

·
Registered
10 Posts
I totally agree with you. My wife and I spent weeks looking at different cars and when the Arona arrived we spent ages looking at the different specs, especially the seats.
Car ordered, sit back after a good jobbed jobbed, and then get the news that the car has had a major spec reduction.
Back to square one. Do we cancel the order and look elsewhere (again), or just see what arrives in 4, no, sorry, 5, errr, 6 months time?

·
Registered
75 Posts
GazzaB said:
NO. PIPELINE TIME IS BULL.

ALL 1.5 ENGINES ARE ON HOLD AS THEY HAVE NOT PASSED THE WLTP TESTS.
ALL MAKES AND MODELS AND ENGINE SIZES MUST PASS THROUGH THE WLTP TESTS, WHICH IS THE NEW REAL WORLD MPG TESTS, AND IS TAKING OVER FROM NEDC TESTING.
I FOUND THIS OUT TODAY FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE DEALERSHIP GROUP I ORDERED MY ARONA FROM.

Which makes more sense as the new tests are very involved and every model has to comply with the testing.
the 1.0TSi is done already, but they never got the 1.5TSi finished in time and this has caused all 1.5TSi engines to be placed in HOLD.
I think whoever told you about the 1.5 engines is giving you the run around. There are some 1.5's on the roads already - and I'm collecting my 1.5 next weekend. This thing about it not going through some test is bull.

The problem with the 1.5 is demand, with VW ceasing production of the outgoing 1.4 engine the 1.5 is replacing it and there aren't enough engines to go around. That's it, plain and simple!

·
Registered
355 Posts
on the SEAT WEB SITE?

As SEAT progresses with the WLTP transition, the following type approval timings will apply:

Passenger vehicles (M type and Category N1 (i)):

• From September 2017, all new model introductions will be subject to WLTP type approval and Real Driving Emissions (RDE) testing
• From September 2018, all new sales will have received type approval under WLTP
• From September 2019, all new registrations will be subject to RDE testing

Light Commercial Vehicles (Categories N1 (ii), N1 (iii) and N2):

• From September 2018, all new Light Commercial vehicle model introductions will be subject to WLTP type approval and Real Driving Emissions (RDE) testing
• From September 2019, all new sales of Light Commercial Vehicles will have received type approval under WLTP and all new registrations will be subject to RDE testing

NEDC will continue to be used for the official emissions (CO2) and fuel consumption (MPG) values. As and when WLTP figures become available for new model introductions, these will also be available for customers. It is worth noting that the NEDC CO2 values will be used for taxation for the tax years 2017/2018; 2018/2019 and 2019/2020. It is only for new cars registered after April 2020, that the WLTP values will be used for taxation purposes.

It is the RDE tests which are causing the most problems.

So consider this, that I spoke to VW about a T-ROC 1.5TSi DSG and they said they have no issues in ordering as they have plenty of engines.
So go Figure that one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
and here is the info the RDE tests. From SEATS Website.

Real Driving Emissions (RDE):

Although WLTP will deliver real improvements to the testing regime, it is still a laboratory test and cannot take into account driver style, traffic conditions, weather, gradients or load of the car into its calculation. All of these factors have an impact on the consumption and emissions performance of the vehicle. The RDE test will support in providing customers with this insight.

The RDE test is carried out by fitting Portable Emissions Measuring (PEMS) equipment to the car to record exhaust emissions. The test follows a standardised set of parameters, including:

• low and high altitudes
• year-round temperatures
• additional vehicle payload
• up- and down-hill driving
• urban roads (low speed)
• rural roads (medium speed)
• motorways (high speed)

The results of the RDE test will be used to validate the emissions and consumption values identified as part of the WLTP testing process.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts