Seat Arona Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Simon Audi said:
Another Question

The missing Station Logos - DAB

I downloaded the logo to a USB stick... (.png)

Insert the USB into (tried both) car

Then tried adding station logos - from menu - but it does not seem to look to USB

What am I doing wrong??

THANKS
Did mine from an SD card....but it doesn't display them half the time anyway 馃様

It's like they bought old French car parts... 馃ズ

Registered
Simon Audi said:
One more question - what is your service interval - I thought they were variable service - but its set at an annual oil change and full service in 2 years - I asked if that was correct - and was told that was how they were?

What does your service frequency say...
Seat set all their service intervals to one year for private users and insist on it. Two years for fleet, it's a bit of a con

Registered
Simon Audi said:
Another Question

The missing Station Logos - DAB

I downloaded the logo to a USB stick... (.png)

Insert the USB into (tried both) car

Then tried adding station logos - from menu - but it does not seem to look to USB

What am I doing wrong??

THANKS
So Arona since my 21 end of September last year you can't update the missing logo. I had open case with seat UK for 6 months. It's not possible. They blocked all treaters from USB c sockets.

Your map updates are over the air only via seat connect. Mine updated two days ago now on version 21.8 , have had Map updates every other month over the air.

Sorry but missing logo cannot be done in any vw group cars with the mib3 infotainment units, if you google you will find its true Skoda, seat, vw etc

Registered
Just seen the posts about the illuminated circular air vents having just got my new Arona Experience lux DSG 2 days ago.
Thought it was strange that the centre one didn't light up.
My last 2018 Automatic Arona Xcellence had several colour options for lighting not just white or off.
As for service I only had one in 3 years ( 2nd one would have been in 2022) and mine is a private vehicle. This one is a week old and no service due until Oct 2023.
Aronas are hard to beat in this class of vehicle though. I love mine despite the air cent oddity.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So another issue - anyone else similar?

A few times no Sat Nav voice.

A few times it says function will resume when manouver finished (you are parked in P)

A few time rear camera does not work

A few times the system goes blank then reboots itself

A few times no cameras when you go into reverse.

Is there anyway to force a software update on the system?

THANKS

Registered
Seat set all their service intervals to one year for private users and insist on it. Two years for fleet, it's a bit of a con
They are supposed to ask you, it has long life oil from factory, and leaves factory set to variable. If it has been changed then it has been done manually so complain, have heard of people getting a free service at end of year 1 because dealer knew they were wrong, and were just chancing it.

If you have taken a service package, then you will need to read the small print to see what you have signed up to. Some are based on 9k-10k miles per year fixed servicing, which may have been a bad choice if your mileage is nothing like that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So car has been to the dealers today for the intermittent entertainment system

So after 3 hours dealer rings and goes through a Seat Questionaire on the problem.

I answer - then they ring back an hour later to say the car is ready.

GREAT...

No they have not done anything - Seat is looking into the issue - hence the questionaire... seems mine might not be the only one... but they don't know what's wrong...

So just have it back and wait....

Registered
Seat engineers will be trying to ascertain when the fault occurs, we had the same at Volvo as the screen would turn off and reboot, a recent software upgrade has cured most of the issues, but we still have some problems and have to let Volvo know

Registered
So car has been to the dealers today for the intermittent entertainment system

So after 3 hours dealer rings and goes through a Seat Questionaire on the problem.

I answer - then they ring back an hour later to say the car is ready.

GREAT...

No they have not done anything - Seat is looking into the issue - hence the questionaire... seems mine might not be the only one... but they don't know what's wrong...

So just have it back and wait....
Right, I鈥檝e had an issue today, had DAB radio on, lost all sound from radio, thought it may of just dropped out on the channel, but no, nothing at all, even on Apple car play when tried, turned unit off and on to reset, still same,
Turned car off for a bit, audio now back on, so there are deffo issues in the software, let鈥檚 hope Seat can sort it soon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Right, I鈥檝e had an issue today, had DAB radio on, lost all sound from radio, thought it may of just dropped out on the channel, but no, nothing at all, even on Apple car play when tried, turned unit off and on to reset, still same,
Turned car off for a bit, audio now back on, so there are deffo issues in the software, let鈥檚 hope Seat can sort it soon

Well as I said had mine back from the dealers Friday - with no fix.

Saturday - unit powered on but no sat nav... radio sound after maybe 1 minute.. after about 3 to 5 minutes.. still no Sat Nav... System reboots.

Does this maybe 6 or 8 times... then shuts down completely.... then warnings for Dynamic Road Sign Display and Emergency Call Restricted - Visit Workshop. - Yellow Warning Triangle - No Radio / Reverse Camera / No Nav / No way to access settings.

Wife brings car home - I turn unit on and off a few times and radio starts - but no navigation...

We go out for a drive and the unit keeps resetting every 5 minutes or so and after a while shuts down again... same messages - So spoke to dealer Saturday PM - they will call me Monday....

So sounds like the main Head Unit (not Screen) is having issues...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts