Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have at the moment a Leon Fr 150 I am thinking about buying an Arona Fr DSG gearbox so have to drop to 115 BHP . I need to go higher as my wife has a bad back but cant seem to get a test drive in one as they are fairly new ,can anyone tell me how they drive ? I am not a boy racer but a bit worried about the engine being a bit flat if I needed to pass someone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've test driven the FR 115 manual and I can say the engine certainly isn't flat! In 4th gear it quickly picked up from 20mph, with only a tiny amount of lag. In 5th gear at 20mph I found that it took a while to get going, but that's to be expected from any car in a high gear at a low speed.

If your wife has a bad back I'd definitely recommend taking one out for a test drive, even if it's got a different engine, as the seats do lack a little lower lumbar support (as a lot of the reviews say). The FR seats are a little better but mainly in the side support while cornering.

Sorry I have no experience of the dsg, I'm a manual sort of person!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback Ollie much appreciated! As we already have a fr the seats are ok, it was more a problem getting in and out of the vehicle. Your comments regarding the engine have given me reasurance so might go for it Nevada White with Black roof ! I have been a manual fan alll my life but just fancy a change, it's just a pity the 1.4 evo did not come with the DSG .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Test drove the Xecelence lux 115php DSG before buying and the 1.0L engine was a small concern for me too. But can honestly say this engine impressed, Its got a pull on it and very smooth gear change, maybe Some engine noise at very high revs but to be expected from a 1.0L engine. Cant comment on DSG paddle shift as only FR DSG spec has this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an arona dsg and it works very well. smoothness to change gears. If you step on the accelerator responds quickly. Engine a bit noisy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts