Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just ordered the Seat Arona FR trim but sadly it comes without full LED headlights (it's with an extra 800Euro)

My question is, Is there any other way I can replace the original bulb maybe with a Xenon or even just a more brighter bulb instead of the current ugly :x yellow color of light ? Sure daylight is LED

Any aftermarket solution ?
Which kind of bulb do I need?

thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
This must be a new thing, I thought all FRs came with LED headlights as standard

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bonzo said:
This must be a new thing, I thought all FRs came with LED headlights as standard
I don't Think its a UK order

·
Registered
420 Posts
ronmac said:
We just ordered the Seat Arona FR trim but sadly it comes without full LED headlights (it's with an extra 800Euro)

My question is, Is there any other way I can replace the original bulb maybe with a Xenon or even just a more brighter bulb instead of the current ugly :x yellow color of light ? Sure daylight is LED

Any aftermarket solution ?
Which kind of bulb do I need?

thanks
Plenty of Bulbs to chose from I fitted Phillips Nigh Breaker to My Arona SE simple job

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/lighting1/car-bulb/?48177022A&0&cc5_847

·
Registered
177 Posts
Brian566 said:
Bonzo said:
I don't Think its a UK order
Doh, I suppose the quote in Euros was a bit of a giveaway really.
I'll get my coat

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think it will work out for you. Apart from headlights you also need leveling system - otherwise you won't be able to adjust the light.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude, I faced the same question when I got my Arona in early March last year. It only has tiny LED's as daytime running lights in the outer corner.

I replaced all original bulbs; the two H7 with two Ledson xenonlook and the orange turning signal bulb with an Osram Diadem. They're all blue when deactivated so it actually looks quite cool - another driver once asked me if it was an undercover cop car :cool: The xenonlook with its cool, nearly white shine also feels better than the yellowish original.

·
Registered
37 Posts
AndyK said:
Where did you get them from? Cost? Thanks.
Dude, if you google "xenonlook" you'll find suitable H7 bulbs available via lots of webstores in your country. The headlight/high beam are both H7 Ledson Xenonlook, the turning signal bulb is an Osram Diadem which is blue when deactivated but orange as soon as you turn them on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I just ordered the OSRAM Night Breaker Laser H7. Hope it will give the white effect and with a decent lifetime

·
Registered
420 Posts
ronmac said:
Thanks guys. I just ordered the OSRAM Night Breaker Laser H7. Hope it will give the white effect and with a decent lifetime
Don't Forget you need Four

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude, don't forget the high beam. This makes 4 bulbs in the front. The Osram Diadem turning lights kicks ass, so all in all I switched 6 bulbs in the front at the same time. Just as you I have LED lights in the back except for turning lights and reverse light.

·
Registered
420 Posts
ronmac said:
4?? Why?
2 for front headlights
In the back we've got LED
2 High Beam 2 Low Beam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brian566 said:
ronmac said:
4?? Why?
2 for front headlights
2 High Beam 2 Low Beam
You right.
I already ordered 2. Let's see how they will function and then I'll purchase another 2 bulbs.
By the way, Does it matter about the size/socket ? All 4 are H7 ?

·
Registered
420 Posts
ronmac said:
Brian566 said:
ronmac said:
4?? Why?
2 for front headlights
2 High Beam 2 Low Beam
You right.
I already ordered 2. Let's see how they will function and then I'll purchase another 2 bulbs.
By the way, Does it matter about the size/socket ? All 4 are H7 ?
Yes all the Same changed mine on the SE I had

·
Registered
29 Posts
How did you get on with the Osrams, ronmac? Went to view an Arona Xcellence at the weekend but like the FR in Ireland the Xcellence doesn't have full LED headlights either. Coming from Bi-Xenon in my Ibiza FR so I don't want to go back to Halogen but don't fancy paying the extra for the optional full LEDs either. I put Night Breakers in a previous car and they seemed to make a difference at night. What do you reckon in the Arona?

There are quite a few things missing from the Irish spec Arona FRs and XCs for being the "top spec" trims. It's practically the same price as the new VW T-Cross when you spec it up and the T-Cross is loaded with safety kit as standard so I think SEAT Ireland have gotten their pricing/spec wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Night breakers are totally fine. Not like full LED but it makes the difference between the ugly yellow halogen bulb. I say go for it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.