Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to my local Seat dealership ( Morrison's of Stirling ) to get recall work on rear seat belt sorted which they did.
However, they have told me that this is only a partial fix as the VA group have decided that more is required and that they are waiting for the final technical decision and parts. They tell me to expect another letter from Seat and in the meantime to avoid using the middle rear seat.
The saga continues !!!
Anyone else aware of this ???

·
Registered
38 Posts
They did this fix for me before I collected my car at the end of May, they told me then it would need to come in again in a few months when they have a permanent fix. Not too sure what the temporary fix included though!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All,
Morrison's of Stirling told me yesterday that the partial fix amounted to fitting a "Cable Tie".
Where exactly and to what end I was too gobsmacked to ask. This I have to add is certainly not the Dealers fault, this is all down to VAG.
So, expect at some stage another letter and in the meantime, please sign this form which then confirms to Seat that you will NOT be carrying a passenger in the middle rear seat until this matter resolved.
Also Dealer confirmed that they have NO idea when Seat (VAG) will resolve this issue.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Picked up my Arona today, and the fix is applied at the factory.
They have shortened the middle seatbelt buckle, and now both sit within the seat, the middle buckle is about 1 cm higher then the other buckle.
I will take a picture tomorrow and post on here to show.
Dealer told me that they had to wait for the shorter buckles, as they had to test it prior to deployment.
a lot of the dealer have had they new buckles, and they have fitted to the current dealer stock first, and doing the recall for customers.
All new Arona's off the production line will be fitted with the fixed buckle.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Here are the pictures of the rear seat belt buckles
with the proper fix from the factory
IMG_1137.jpg
IMG_1136.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are shots of my "Partial Fix".
Not really sure I see much of a difference between my March registered Arona FR and latest "Fix".

·
Registered
299 Posts
Here's what I received today

IMG-20180726-WA0000~2.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All,
Just been on to E
Seat U.K. on the number shown in Dolphinfriendly's post 0800 0497105 to be told that the "FIX" is NOT expected to take place until November.
This is a complete and utter fiasco affecting Arona Ibiza and Polo.
How many vehicles does this involve ?
Unacceptable VAG.
Hoping to hear more tomorrow, will post Seat's.
Also at time of purchase (February/March was told spare wheel would cost £100 but item unavailable. On checking with dealer when getting rear seat belt "fixed" was told spare wheel cost is £200.
Also unacceptable!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
This is one of the many reasons I have sold mine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine fixed today. Very efficient and pleasant service from SEAT Kilmarnock.
I'm told that further work required around Nov time. Meantime SEAT will send me a sticker to remind me and passengers that middle rear seat belt is out of commission. I'm okay and will probably rarely be inconvenienced but I do wonder how young families cope?

·
Registered
299 Posts
In the 4 months of ownership it has To go back for
Squeaking clutch pedal (2 visits)
Plastic trim falling off parcel shelf
Cornering fog light saga
Wheel arch trim coming away
Wheels not painted correctly
Seat belt issues

In total it spent over 2 weeks in the dealership and countless trips backwards and forwards.
Several issues were sorted under warranty but the wheels I was unable to get an answer for even though the paint was measured and below tolerance, another wheel arch trim was starting to come away as well as the chrome trim along the rear of the boot. Enough was enough so the garage bought it back off me and I've ordered a t roc instead, with this new news of the seat belts I'm glad I did. I waited for the car nearly as long as I owned it. Apologies from going off the topic of the thread.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does anybody know if the Polo is also having two attempts at fixing this, or have SEAT managed that all by themselves?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just called SEAT as this morning's promised return call did not materialise.
Have now been told that my case is going to be escalated (not going to hold my breath).
It appears that VW Polo owners being treated equally badly and that November, by the sounds of things, is perhaps a bit of a guesstimate.
Told them that I can now no longer take my family out for a trip and believe it or not was asked how often I would want or need to do this.
NOT being able to do this only ONCE is one time to many - Why they would even ask this question I don't know.
So next step is yet another return call assuming case is escalated and my 5 seater vehicle currently unfit for purpose as can only SAFELY carry 4.
Will update when I hear more.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How many VAG cars have a similar arrangement for the three rear seat belts, but are deemed to be problem free?
Why can't they just take the top buckle arrangement of the most appropriate one and join it to the bottom fixing for the Arona, Ibiza and Polo (these may, or may not, be common)?
This approach, other than certification, should allow volume parts to be available in a couple of weeks. Logically as it would be a mix of existing components certification should be a formality so volume production could be started in parallel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received letter telling me not to use middle back seat. When I contacted Seat I was told that fix would not be available till November. So having purchased a five seat Arona, I now have only four seats till at least November. They were totally unsympathetic and the Dealership were the same. I have now contacted Watchdog to find out if anything can be done.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I do not have that letter form Seat.
Or from my dealer.
I will see if I can get a pic of the lower part of the seatbelt buckle to see what has changed.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts