Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Wonder if anyone can help. I have been querying my Seat garage as I bought a Seat Arona Xcellence lux at the end of September 2018 it was a showroom model unregistered. Have had a few queries with them they seem as unsure of what this model has as I am. My concern is that the armrest is finished in black cloth, which I found strange as it has a leather dash , Alcantara upholstery and a production date of 14.05.2018.
I spoke to the salesman and sales manager who said they would ask Seat what the spec of the armrest should be. The salesman has now emailed me today to the effect that Seat say it comes with a a Titan black cloth armrest.
All of the same cars I have looked at for sale online with Alcantara upholstery have had a leather armrest.
Can anyone help me please, any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
The Xcelence Lux spec seems to have had multiple minor changes, most of which never appeared in any brochure

It sounds like it is basically standard spec for those built before late April, but with minor differences (at the time SEAT seemed to run out of some parts), which in your case was armrest. Mine is leather topped. Actually the armrest is too low, but I think there is another thread on that.

Both versions are available as accessories so you might be able to persuade the dealer to get the leather one and swap it (someone fitted one, took few minutes, and said how in another thread) and put existing one on lower spec car

·
Registered
540 Posts
From memory I think following variations have been reported

Seat fabrics : Alcantara then cloth then micro suede
Seat heating : seemed to be when alcantara not available (but some got it as bonus)
Dashboard: Normally leather, some were white
Door trim strip : Some are metal lookalike, some white
Winter pack : heated washers and heated seats, common May-Aug 2018 builds
Armrest : generally leather, some were cloth
Steering wheel : should have X in central bottom segment
Beats audio : Generally added May-Aug for those with cloth seats
Spare wheel : was option, then spacesaver included with Beats, then changed again
Digital dashboard : added from September 2018
Rear seatbelt buckles : modified (free modification for earlier ones)
Folding wing mirrors : some didn't get them (Oct-Nov)
Gasoline particulate filters (GPFs) possibly only from summer 2018 (as some dealers claimed couldn't register built car after 31 Aug WLTP deadline, to give new reg plate)
Monsoon Grey paint was replaced by a different grey colour in summer

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have an Xcellence Lux 1600tdi, build week 42, week starting 15th October MY19 build. Spec at time of ordering in June was Alcantara seats but was told by the dealer these were not available so titan cloth heated seats and beats audio instead which we accepted. Come build time the spec had changed to micro suede non heated seats, no beats audio but digital dash. The dealer confirmed ours should be built to that spec.

What we actually got was titan cloth heated seats, cloth arm rest, beats audio with space saver wheel and digital dash. We got the white dash and door trim which actually looks good with the car being Nevada White with Black roof. It appears we were lucky to get the folding mirrors, when the dealer rang to tell me the car had arrived and confirmed the spec I asked him about the mirrors he told me ours folded but another car same spec but different colour that arrived on the same transporter did not.

As others have said the arm rest is too low in the Arona, this car is mostly driven by my wife. I have a Leon, in that the arm rest is height adjustable on a ratchet and is much better. I really like the Arona though and we are both pleased with the spec we got.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think this just confirms that Seat, who said their way was, no extras on vehicles, you just had to upgrade to the next model up to get more kit. This seems to have all gone wrong.
I wonder if their various Arona brochures have contravened the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

It certainly seems to be an odd way to treat a customer, who orders a car per specification and gets something different. What if they run out of a particular paint colour would they then make it a two tone or three tone given that the roof is a different colour in most cases.

I unfortunately have little redress as it was a showroom model. Although I expected it to be as per brochure and specification. I still haven't heard from somebody that has a leather spec but cloth armrest. Or a Xcellence lux model with leather spec for sale with a cloth armrest

This was my first move away from Ford for 12 years, something I think I may regret given my buying experience.
Hopefully I can just get on and enjoy my Arona now.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The one I picked up today , has a white dash, heated seats , beats audio and cloth seats. They have another one with that spec if anybody wants one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was extremely disappointed, that in the first place, we had no idea of the specification changes. I am not interested in the Beats speakers I wanted the electrically folding wing mirrors. The micro suede seats and the leather dash but no. I have had financial compensation from the company but this was never the issue I wanted what I ordered. I will never trust SEAT again. The car drives fine but is not what I ordered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.