Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my car just over 5 weeks and today is the first time I've driven in the rain, I thought the auto wipers would just work without me having to do anything but they didn't.

I went into the menu and the auto wipers are turned on as is the option to turn on the dipped beam when the rain sensor detects rain. Part way into my journey I noticed the dipped beam on but the map was in daytime mode so I'm guessing that's working. I tried moving the rain drop switch to different settings but nothing happened.

So my question is how do I activate the auto wipers?

I've read the relevant sections in the handbook but they are really vague.

Cheers,
Ash.

·
Registered
108 Posts
On mine it's one notch up from the lowest position.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BenC said:
On mine it's one notch up from the lowest position.
By lowest position do you mean the natural resting position for the stalk?

Cheers,
Ash.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@BenC reading your response and reading the manual again makes sense.

So to activate the auto wipers you move the stick up one position and adjust the sensitivity with the switch on top of the stalk.

I was expecting the wipers to just work by themselves with the stalk in its rest position.

Cheers,
Ash.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, it's one up from the resting position.

I made the same mistake when I first got the car. It's really not very intuitive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BenC said:
Yes, it's one up from the resting position.

I made the same mistake when I first got the car. It's really not very intuitive.
That's great, thanks for your help 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
The rest position could also be referred to as the Off position. Most electrical things need an Off overide. Say you hop out to wipe a big fat bug off your screen while the engine is running. With no off, on Auto you'd be dodging the wiper blade all the time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FLATERIC said:
The rest position could also be referred to as the Off position. Most electrical things need an Off overide. Say you hop out to wipe a big fat bug off your screen while the engine is running. With no off, on Auto you'd be dodging the wiper blade all the time.
Yeah that makes sense. It's a shame the owners manual isn't very clear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts