Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my seat arona fr sport on 20th feb ..Still waiting, latest update end of july.Meanwhile my part exchange seat ibiza will now need to be mot in june incurring more expense ,now getting exasperated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I entered my desired car, colour, transmission into the Carwow system and watched the dealer messages roll in. A week, ten days later bingo. Stock my chosen dealer ordered for themselves was a perfect match and their trade in for an Ibiza was hundreds better than my local dealer. From then on it was mostly sorted by Car Wow messages and email for documentation.

You get matched up with UK stock, hard to beat discounts and trade in and once the figure for the old car is agreed they may freeze that valuation. Missed having to MOT the Ibiza again by 8 days so was mightily relieved. If your trade in is guaranteed too you are not doing badly. Good luck.

·
Registered
538 Posts
sanchez said:
I entered my desired car, colour, transmission into the Carwow system and watched the dealer messages roll in. A week, ten days later bingo. Stock my chosen dealer ordered for themselves was a perfect match and their trade in for an Ibiza was hundreds better than my local dealer. From then on it was mostly sorted by Car Wow messages and email for documentation.

You get matched up with UK stock, hard to beat discounts and trade in and once the figure for the old car is agreed they may freeze that valuation. Missed having to MOT the Ibiza again by 8 days so was mightily relieved. If your trade in is guaranteed too you are not doing badly. Good luck.
However nearly all the offers were from SE tech spec, couple for FR spec, or xcellence spec
Clearly some were scattergun offers, asked for X Lux 115 DSG, get offers for SE tech manuals
I had same thing, but didn't receive single offer of FR Sport, or xcelence Lux

Seems the stock is very selective and limited to certain grades, cant even get some specs in any colours

The other thread, has made it clear that SEAT UK didn't understand the market for petrol DSG, FR Sport, or Xcellence Lux (stupidly thought they would be tiny fraction, rather than good percentage of the orders), so the factory didn't tool up, and buy parts to build them in big volumes, hence the 7 month waits.

·
Registered
68 Posts
An oversimplification perhaps. VAG cars share/ compete for engines and transmissions so orders for little old Seat have to wait for a share of these pooled engines and gear boxes. Tough, as one of the gear box factories is or was a respected factory in El Prat, Barcelona but is serves the VAG family as a whole, unless this has changed ..

Shame for those that are left fuming and very bad PR I agree. despite it not being all their fault, given the VAG set up. I do still agree that they have been caught out by the surge to the 'top end' models though, so no argument there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts