Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking for some help or advice. I'm 6 months pregnant and trying to find a car seat suitable for a newborn. While many fit in with the ISOFIX base in my 2017 Seat Arona, the angle of the seats leave the baby at an unacceptable angle (too upright). I was told usually the maxicosi brand counteract that but even those left the baby too upright. When this is the case some companies suggest propping up with towels or pool noodles but the ISOFIX points are so low they don't think that would work. I figure I can't be the first person putting a car seat in the back so any advice or suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Our baby girl is one month old and we have Peg Perego Book 51 Completo travel system. It requires a seperate purchase for the Isofix Base, which I ordered but not arrived yet. Following your comment I also concerned about the too upright position, thus I checked some video. So far it looked nicely inclined for the comfort of the baby. Please check this:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not tried it in Arona, but we had a Maxicosi car seat with separate isofix base in our Leon. No problem with recline as you can change that on the seat itself and it is enough to get baby comfortable. As our Grandson grew he moved to a Cybex Sirona which was brilliant it reclined quite a bit in backward facing more but also had neat rotating mechanism that turned seat 90 degrees so it faced outward towards the door opening to put baby in or out then clicked back to rear facing in use. Made putting child in car a doddle. It also reclined plenty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts