Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my arona just over 4 weeks now and I'm curious as to what your biggest niggle with the car is. I'm not talking about the lack of a rear passenger light but something really minor that annoys you.

Mine would have to be the amount of water the wing mirrors hold after washing it. I've dried the car, gone around and put everything away, dry around the mirrors again and again, even blown the excess water out but without fail I'll go back to the car an hour later and I'll have a streak of dried water either side ruining my freshly cleaned car.

So what's yours?

·
Registered
35 Posts
:lol: Love it. Get a ceramic coating applied. won't happen then, will just blob off :)

Mine is probably that the boot is 1cm too short in width for our buggy too slide in without rubbing the interior leaving a mark that I HAVE to wipe clean every time. Yeah, I know... get a smaller buggy! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's the major niggles that annoy me, with wind noise from the wing mirrors being the biggest culprit. I have no minor niggles!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Wall Watcher said:
:lol: Love it. Get a ceramic coating applied. won't happen then, will just blob off :)
I think I'll give the car a wax soon so hopefully the water will just bead off.

Wowzz said:
It's the major niggles that annoy me, with wind noise from the wing mirrors being the biggest culprit. I have no minor niggles!
Ive not noticed any wind noise either, strange. Perhaps I've got the stereo too loud to notice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Empcom said:
Mine is the fact that I could not have climate control with my SE Technology! :|
That's a good point, as easy as the EZ system is to understand I would have liked to have been able to add options like the beats stereo, winter pack and the red brake calliper pack.

·
Registered
46 Posts
For me the Sat Nav, takes you off the the route for no apparent reason and straight back on same spot where it had taken you after it immediately tells you to go left and if you allow it to it normally takes you right right and right or left left and left and then taking you back to the spot it had just taken you off or a mile back down the road to join same route. Also takes you up and over a motorway junction roundabout and back in the same Road and direction you were travelling. Has done that for 4 or 5 roundabouts. Although the red line set out n the screen for your route never changes.
Also the maps have a lot of mistakes such as bends in the road it tells you to turn left or right instead of bare left or bare right or saying nothing so you can just carrying on travelling on the road ahead.
It has been looked out by two different dealers and all settings and GPS settings have been checked but no fix found yet.

I don't notice any wind noise from door mirrors but I do get noise I would describe as more 'road noise' or tyre noise coming from the base of the rear passenger doors.

Yes I do get water sitting in both mirrors and in the rear door and number plate which appears 10 mins after wiping dry with a microfiber cloth.... but I've never had a car that didn't have that problem with to be fair :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Front Assist can be irritating when activating itself on tight bends or lanes which has poles or markers along side or a raised kerb or Chicane. Also kicks in when approaching a junction a little too fast when a car is waiting to turn.
I say to myself it's a safety feature and will hopefully save me one day.
I suppose these sensors are the future with all this autonomous driving they are planning

·
Registered
74 Posts
Main niggle - too much tech waiting to go wrong and all ultimately powered by fuel at £1.30 per litre.
Doesn't make sense to an old curmudgeon like me and I'd rather more power went to the wheels (though I do enjoy the radio and media player).
Otherwise a great car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Found a new niggle today. All my radio presets have been wiped out without warning.

Maybe it's because I've done more than 1,999 miles or something! ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
To Cebven. re no handle on front passenger side, this because it has side curtain air bags in that roof area so they cannot be fitted.

My Arona niggle is
1. Drumming wind noise in ear when any windows are down or only part way down anything over 25 mph, so cannot drive with window open.
2. Having to keep finger on the key fob for 3 seconds to auto fold wing mirrors, my son has a new FR and his mirrors fold in straight away as soon as he presses the lock button on the fob, it has twice told me on the centre display battery in fob needs changing i have only had the car 9 months.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Steve.J said:
My Arona niggle is
1. Drumming wind noise ....
2. Having to keep finger on the key fob for 3 seconds to auto fold wing mirrors ......
1. To be fair, I don't think that's unique to the Arona - I've experienced that noise on a number of different cars.
2. I would happily keep my finger on the fob for double that if it meant my mirrors would fold like they're supposed to!

·
Registered
122 Posts
stottycabanas said:
Found a new niggle today. All my radio presets have been wiped out without warning.

Maybe it's because I've done more than 1,999 miles or something! ;)
Or maybe it's because I managed to switch from DAB to FM without realising. Doh! :roll:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not a big niggle but nonetheless a niggle, when you stop, at lights for example with auto stop/start activated and foot firmly applied to brake, if you move the steering wheel very slightly engine starts up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wowzz said:
What on earth friggin speed are YOU doing!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bonzo said:
Not a big niggle but nonetheless a niggle, when you stop, at lights for example with auto stop/start activated and foot firmly applied to brake, if you move the steering wheel very slightly engine starts up.
This doesn't happen for me even trying to make it happen! In fact the steering locks. Which can be disconcerting at first, especially if you're still rolling very slightly (1-2 mph) but you quickly get used to this

Update: yes, you can start up by turning the steering wheel .... which is fine by me. My question is; why are you attempting to steer when the vehicle is stationary as this will scrub the tyres?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts