Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our New Aroma is a 1.0 tsi se technology 115 with the manual gearbox, seems to really be confusing the insurance companies. is this an unusual configuration?

·
Registered
420 Posts
It would be because the SE tech is only available in the 95 engine unless automatic then it is the 115 engine Is it a UK as Ireland can spec Cars with extras so may and have a choice of engines

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In England, got it from the local Seat dealer in Crewe. It was a stock car. Not sure if it has a few other oddities, CD player in glove box which I wasn't expecting and also euro sat nav.

·
Registered
148 Posts
SE Technology with the TSI was 95 as a manual and 115 as a dsg. There was no 115 manual on the SE Tech hence the confusion. Unless it has recently been added to the line up. Simple bit is 5 speed 95, 6 speed 115 - so you must have one of the first to land in the UK with the more powerful engine. :mrgreen:

CD player is in the glovebox across SEAT and VAG group cars unless it is an older system with it built into the head unit. Maps has always been European which includes the UK of course again standard across VAG cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the clear up Cyberbob. Yes bit strange on the 115 manual, hopefully the insurance can sort it out tomorrow. I was surprised I just walked into the dealers and picked it up within a week after reading how long people had to wait on here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I see from your other post that it has 6 gears and is a 1.0 ltr petrol. If that is the case and it is a UK car then it is most likely not a SE technology.
Does it have dual zone climate control?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no it's definitely a se technology, checked the vin and it is 115ps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like you have the only UK supplied vehicle with that cofiguration! 115ps 6 speed SE Technology
Can you post photos of the interior dashboard and seats and an external shot?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Possibly a little off topic, but I'm in iteland and have the Irish spec SE which is 115BHP 1.0 TSI, Alloy, 8inch infotainment, 4 disc brakes. Irish SE is the middle spec. Irish entry level is known as S spec

·
Registered
420 Posts
This is what I suspected I think its a Irish spec car which has somehow been sent to the UK as it is not a UK spec that's why the insurance cant find it I had exactly the same issue when I bought a Fiesta from Europe before they stopped it many years since
Just checked on the Seat Ireland site and All SE Tech have the 115 engine as standard ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
checking the vin it says model is an Arona Style, market is GB spec. It does have rear disks, think the Irish models have drum but I could be wrong. It now shows upon price comparison sites as an SE Tech 115 manual.

·
Registered
77 Posts
kj72kx is the sales code that corresponds with 115ps Style model designation sold on the continent. It does seem that you have an odd one there.
What does the supplying dealer say?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've not asked him Nigel, I'll do a bit of digging.Our 2004 golf was due an mot, needed a bit spending on it including a new ignition barrel. So we needed a new car quick, was about to buy a Captur when I saw the Arona 0% interest deal and they had various colours in this configuration they could get for us within a week so went for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes thanks Dan, took a few days but got there at a very good price

1 - 19 of 19 Posts