Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just purchased a 2019 Arona Xcellence Lux - had it for all of 2 days, loving it for the most part.

However I've just discovered that the boot is not locking when central locking the car using the key fob.

I've raised this with the seller, who isn't being very helpful, so thought I'd try here. My local service centre is closed indefinitely due to the pandemic.

Unsure if I'm missing something obvious or there is indeed a genuine fault. Anyone aware of how I can troubleshoot it myself?

Thanks

Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
I assume you have Key-less entry. When the car is locked if you touch the boot handle whilst having the key in your pocket the boot alone will unlock, (mirrors remain folded if set), and subsequently automatically re-lock when re-closing the boot. This may give the impression that the boot is not locked. However, with the car locked the boot will also be locked if the key is nowhere near.

Lock the car, leave key a long way away, try the boot and it should remain locked. Just a thought that may help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Where abouts do you live?,seems a bit strange your local SEAT dealer is still out of action.As I have suggested in another thread you could call out road side assistance and ask them to have a look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MotorMan said:
I assume you have Key-less entry. When the car is locked if you touch the boot handle whilst having the key in your pocket the boot alone will unlock, (mirrors remain folded if set), and subsequently automatically re-lock when re-closing the boot. This may give the impression that the boot is not locked. However, with the car locked the boot will also be locked if the key is nowhere near.

Lock the car, leave key a long way away, try the boot and it should remain locked. Just a thought that may help.
You Sir are a lifesaver. That has done the trick. I have spoken to the retailer and multiple Seat approved garages, and no one could tell me this. The handbook doesn't even cover this nugget of info in the locking section. Appreciate your help and I feel a little silly now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lfcman said:
Where abouts do you live?,seems a bit strange your local SEAT dealer is still out of action.As I have suggested in another thread you could call out road side assistance and ask them to have a look.
Hi, this has been resolved thankfully, lack of knowledge on my part!

I live near Watford, the local service centre is closed due to furlough unfortunately, and the next closest one couldn't see us till 8 Sept. I actually did call out roadside yesterday and even they didn't figure out the reason (keyless entry).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Never feel silly about asking a question on here. Most forum members are only too glad to help. There's lots of obscure features of any new car that are not obvious to the new user. I'm still finding the odd surprise after more than a year of ownership. Glad to have saved you a trip to a garage.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Glad you got it sorted.As the saying goes there is only one silly question and that's the one you don't bother to ask.Thats why I love sites like this,always someone on hand to help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
AronaLux said:
MotorMan said:

You Sir are a lifesaver. That has done the trick. I have spoken to the retailer and multiple Seat approved garages, and no one could tell me this. The handbook doesn't even cover this nugget of info in the locking section. Appreciate your help and I feel a little silly now.
This exact thing happened to me when I got mine! Glad it wasn't just me haha. I got as far as ringing the main dealer to book it in and while it was ringing it clicked that it may be the keyless entry, I hung up before anyone answered!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts