Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted a bumper protector supplied from Seat Listers. Great match for the lower bumper trim as the photos hopefully show.

Listers gave a great price, under £51 incl delivery, much cheaper than elsewhere. They also would have done a clear film but I thought this looked better. They were the only choices though.

P1030593.JPG

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you like it Vinz, it is easy to fit, comes with instructions and there are videos online. Just wipe the area with a supplied wipe, part pull the tape off of 3 strips of pre-applied adhesive and fit.

G

·
Glad you like it Vinz, it is easy to fit, comes with instructions and there are videos online. Just wipe the area with a supplied wipe, part pull the tape off of 3 strips of pre-applied adhesive and fit.
Thanks Bob, I've managed to chip the paint on bumper of the current car so some protection would be good!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Have added a stainless steel bumper protector few months ago, and it has remained scratch free and bright (made by a company called Tuning Art in Germany), easy to fit, just wipe area clean with special wipe and there is double sided tape. They also send link to a you tube style video (I ordered through Amazon UK, but can order direct)

7C157CBA-4866-4ADD-A3DD-A78CA77E4643.jpeg

6C9ED4E6-FFB6-42FF-A58F-A30D458B1EDD.jpeg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Snowdaddy - I looked at the installation video. Did you do the same as the chap on the video i.e. peel off the backing tape with the protector in place?
I'm always a bit suspicious of those videos where everything looks perfectly simple !

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wowzz said:
Snowdaddy - I looked at the installation video. Did you do the same as the chap on the video i.e. peel off the backing tape with the protector in place?
I'm always a bit suspicious of those videos where everything looks perfectly simple !
I thought the video process was a bit excessive, after the wipe clean, cut the backing in middle, I undid a short length of backing on each strip (about 50mm) and tucked it out, so I could pull it. Simply lined it up the pulled each strip from middle towards the ends (I was worried backing would snap off, but turned out to be difficult to tear) then running other hand along to press it down.

The only difficult bit is making sure it is aligned, because once it starts to stick can't be moved about, this is easy with just the middle bit exposed, and before you start pulling the backing and pressing down

·
Registered
80 Posts
Snowdaddy said:
Wowzz said:
I thought the video process was a bit excessive, after the wipe clean, cut the backing in middle, I undid a short length of backing on each strip (about 50mm) and tucked it out, so I could pull it. Simply lined it up the pulled each strip from middle towards the ends (I was worried backing would snap off, but turned out to be difficult to tear) then running other hand along to press it down.

The only difficult bit is making sure it is aligned, because once it starts to stick can't be moved about, this is easy with just the middle bit exposed, and before you start pulling the backing and pressing down
Thanks - think I'll have a go!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went for the stainless steel tuning art bumper protector, 2 days delivery from Berlin and easy to fit.

The overall protection isn't as good as the plastic Seat one, however in my opinion it looks better and protects the top edge well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts