Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Speedysteven said:
Can you adjust led headlight height?
As I am dazzling other drivers on low beam :?
Dont know about the Arona but you could on the Leon

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is in the top of each headlight unit a white screw head that you can turn to lower or higher the beam.
The screw is shown below in the red circle in picture 1 and a close up in picture 2 - it needs to Philips screwdriver to turn.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alandl said:
There is in the top of each headlight unit a white screw head that you can turn to lower or higher the beam.
The screw is shown below in the red circle in picture 1 and a close up in picture 2 - it needs to Philips screwdriver to turn.
Thank you for your help to lower what way does the screw need to go right or left to lower them?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you stand infront of the car facing the windscreen.
Turn the screwdriver right to lower and left to higher.
I've highered the beams on mine, and I used the garage wall to mark where the top of the beam currently was.
Then it took only half a turn on the screwdriver to higher the beam.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This seems crazy! I'm pretty sure every car I've owned over the last 30 years or so has had the ability to adjust the headlamp level from inside the car.

I agree with Speedysteven, the default setting for the dipped beam level does seem to be higher than it should be.

·
Registered
77 Posts
stottycabanas said:
This seems crazy! I'm pretty sure every car I've owned over the last 30 years or so has had the ability to adjust the headlamp level from inside the car.

I agree with Speedysteven, the default setting for the dipped beam level does seem to be higher than it should be.
Did any of those cars have LED headlights?
As far as I know only halogen headlights have manual height adjustment within the car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
nigel58 said:
Did any of those cars have LED headlights?
As far as I know only halogen headlights have manual height adjustment within the car.
Ah - good point, Nigel. No they didn't.

Looks like the Arona LED headlamps are self-levelling (they do move about when car is started), but to me, they still seem to end up on the high side when dipped.

I'll have a fiddle with that screw.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry Speedysteven I should have said mine are LED's, and they do self level when the car is started.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just done some testing in a garage.
So about 50 meters from a wall with the headlights on, I turned the screw and set the right hand headlight to its highest level.
I marked the wall where the beam faded from light to dark horizontatly and switched the engine off. When I switched the engine on the lights lowered then raised themselevs up to the mark on the wall.
I also turned the screw fully the other way to its lowest point and I marked the wall. I then switched off and on again and the beam lower and raised up to the new lower mark.
So it seams that the white screw in the top of the LED unit sets the height of the beam.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alandl said:
Just done some testing in a garage.
So about 50 meters from a wall with the headlights on, I turned the screw and set the right hand headlight to its highest level.
I marked the wall where the beam faded from light to dark horizontatly and switched the engine off. When I switched the engine on the lights lowered then raised themselevs up to the mark on the wall.
I also turned the screw fully the other way to its lowest point and I marked the wall. I then switched off and on again and the beam lower and raised up to the new lower mark.
So it seams that the white screw in the top of the LED unit sets the height of the beam.
I lowered mine just hope there at a legal height for UK roads :?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just so I've got this clear in my mind - No matter whether the headlights are LED or not, there is still adjustment via the "white screw". Where there is auto adjustment for the LED lights, then these will continue to adjust but within the new physical parameters set via the "white screw" Have I got this right :?:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had the car now for 2 weeks and last night was first use of headlights. Had to adjust n/s down half turn as i was pissing off anyone in front of me.
Just to confirm clockwise to lower, anti clockwise to raise.

·
Registered
449 Posts
They do not self level.. they cycle the motor to a preset location.... They still need adjusting to the correct height, which should have been done at the factory.. but given the pile of problems arona has, I doubt it was ever carried out !
I'd find a wall, and chalk the beam then adjust one lamp with maybe a coat over the other and drop the beam a little, then try on the road.
Rinse and repeat !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts