Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SE Technology Lux on order as a lease car and I have a personalised 68 plate I want to put on it, however I've just been told today that the DVLA will not allow this due to an emissions cut off date? They will register the car the dealer has for me on an 18 plate but not my 68 plate

Has anyone heard of this and what is the full story?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes all new cars sold in the UK (all makes and models) are now tested and graded in a different format as from 1st sept.
Basically its the same people doing all the tests for all makes and models and not the manufacturers doing so themselves.
This is to help protect the consumer and stop the makers 'being economical with the truth' in making there cars more economical in the figures they release.
The car you have ordered is obviuosly on the old format and cannot be registered after that date and as it would be make it illgal to do so.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/electric-cars/92925/new-real-world-car-mpg-and-emissions-tests-introduced

·
Registered
148 Posts
welshmac said:
I have an SE Technology Lux on order as a lease car and I have a personalised 68 plate I want to put on it, however I've just been told today that the DVLA will not allow this due to an emissions cut off date? They will register the car the dealer has for me on an 18 plate but not my 68 plate

Has anyone heard of this and what is the full story?
Yep cancelled an Auid A1 order due to this. Wanted Oct, but could only have Aug or cancel with new A1 due out Nov, Audi did not bother to get old A1 WLTP compliant... WLTP has caused allot of headaches. It will be that your car is a stock vehicle built pre-wltp and has to be registered by end of August. If not registered it would have to be crushed. I expect any stock vehicles left to be registered and sold as pre-reg.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes .I had the same issue ,but took the decision to take an 18 plate . The dealership gave me a few options. Reorder car for 68 plate or get another £1000 off. Made the right decision the FR SPORT is a great car, well worth the wait. ☺

1 - 4 of 4 Posts