Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all
Just dropped Arona at the dealers, looking at rattle when engine starts (sounds like an exhaust rattle), mirrors intermittently not unfolding, handbrake grind, cornering fog lights not working, mode light staying on, doing the rear seat belt issue fix, deactivating amplifier signal boost. Was amazed how very little they knew regarding reported issues, I guess they are the last to be informed as usual, will update when I get the car back. They have loaned me a suzuki ignis, proper box on wheels, really comfy seats but the steering is so stiff feels like a mix between sports mode and no power steering.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE
Got car back. No faults recorded. All rattles because it is 3 cylinder. Handbrake stiff because it is new! Got official response from seat regarding cornering fogs. It is a previous post to do with led and halogen conflict. This was not mentioned when purchasing the vehicle. They will not replace the halogen fogs with led. Sods law folding wing mirrors behaved themselves so just keeping an eye on them. Rear seat belt bolt replaced. On a side note just had a guy walk round my car in sainsbury car park then said nice car I'm thinking of getting a vauxhall mokka to. Had to smile as he was an older gentleman.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Iamkingpin said:
UPDATE
Got car back. No faults recorded. All rattles because it is 3 cylinder. Handbrake stiff because it is new! Got official response from seat regarding cornering fogs. It is a previous post to do with led and halogen conflict. This was not mentioned when purchasing the vehicle. They will not replace the halogen fogs with led. Sods law folding wing mirrors behaved themselves so just keeping an eye on them. Rear seat belt bolt replaced. On a side note just had a guy walk round my car in sainsbury car park then said nice car I'm thinking of getting a vauxhall mokka to. Had to smile as he was an older gentleman.
I contacted SEAT UK about the cornering lights and this is the reply I got the other day.

Thank you for your patience while I consulted our Technical Support Team here at SEAT UK.

I can confirm the vehicle specifications for your vehicle as below;

• Exterior mirrors, power-folding/ adjustment, heated

• Front fog lamp and cornering lamp

I hope this answers your query, should you need further assistance or more details regarding the use of the above functions, your local SEAT dealership can be found on our website http://www.seat.co.uk/car-dealers-locator.html

Thank you once again for contacting SEAT UK.

Going round in circles :evil:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mines back in on the 7th and I believe another member has theirs in on the 4th to have the fog lights looked at, along with other issues for mine. So far 8 days spent in the garage after 3 months of ownership and potentially another 2 days next week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was my reply
20180601_00001_002.jpg20180601_00001_003.jpg

·
Registered
299 Posts
Couple of things
When has a company ever used 'bothersome' as a word to describe an issue that apparently is different colour light, I find it bothersome they don't work as advertised or the red and Amber on the tail lights doesn't really go ;)
Also in the manual it states that not only do they work as cornering lights they also activate when the chickens put in reverse to.illuminate the area when manovering, now I had that feature on my tiguan that had full adaptive led's, what excuse they going to use for that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Can't wait what they say about mine then as as it's halogen headlights the cornering function should be activated

·
Registered
156 Posts
I love Spanish logic.

If one fog light is "bothersome", why aren't two twice as "bothersome" when in normal use?

The only correct solution is to install led fogs on those cars with led headlights.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What's this cornering fog light please ?
I have an FR with the halogen headlights which have great visabilty at night and really show the road edge .
I used to have a clio which had lights that came on round corners So should my Arona FR have the same ? No other lights come on apart from headlights ..
can someone advise before I ask my dealer
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
So let me get my head around, at night if you have FULL LED headlights you don't have the Cornering Light Function.

In other words the fog light on the side to which you are turning, doesn't come on below about 25 mph to see around the corner because of the light difference between the LED and Halogen Fog Light.

Yet if I'm reading your report from the dealer right to have this function you need LED Fog Lights, alright if you have Halogen Headlights the Fogs/Cornering Lights work. So why didn't they fit LED Fog Lights with the LED Lighting Package.

They must be able to "Enable" them. I would go to somebody like "Horizon LEDs" and get a set of LED Fog Lights and go the Dealer and ask them to enable the Fog Lights

·
Registered
73 Posts
My latest reply from SEAT UK

"It has come to light that there was a production change during the manufacture of your vehicle. In order for your vehicle to have the cornering lamp function you would need to have selected the option of LED fog lamps when placing the order, as this was not selected at the time the vehicle was ordered your vehicle has the Halogen fog lamps, which do not have the cornering function. I apologise for any confusion this might have caused."

I have asked them to retrofit at their expense as this option was not available when I ordered the car in December, less than 1 month from launch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts