Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted a video on YouTube showing the Carista app working on my Arona.

Thought some people might be interested in seeing what Carista can do before buying.

I'm in no way affiliated with Carista, just a big fan (having used it on my last 3 cars).

·
Registered
62 Posts
While the purchase price of the hardware is very reasonable - around £16.00 - only "basic" services are then available free, otherwise it's a near £40 per year subscription. Is the video representative of the basic or paid functionality, and can settings be changed or just viewed with the basic version?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theforestdweller said:
While the purchase price of the hardware is very reasonable - around £16.00 - only "basic" services are then available free, otherwise it's a near £40 per year subscription. Is the video representative of the basic or paid functionality, and can settings be changed or just viewed with the basic version?
The video represents the paid version.

The annual charge is £33.99. However, the app is updated on a regular basis with new features (I also have access to the beta which has several upcoming features for the Arona). Personally, I think the price is reasonable.

I certainly wouldn't pay £33.99 per year for any app, unless it was being actively developed with new features.

The basic/free version is diagnostic only, I think.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seems to be very interesting. Some questions:

1) Does it have any car warranty limitation?
2) Is there any manual available describing the effect of individual options in details.
3) Is there any way to backup the different setting combinations?
4) Did you find any significant "hidden" customisation option?

Thx in advance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Titala said:

2) Is there any manual available describing the effect of individual options in details.

Thx in advance.
1) I have always changed settings via OBD on all of my past cars (and have never tried to hide it), and I have never had an issue with warranty. They would only refuse a warranty claim if they had good reason to believe that an OBD setting change caused the problem.

I would be extremely surprised if you manage to cause any damage to your car using an app like Carista. All of the customisations within Carista are tested and approved by their team. Carista is very much designed for non-technical people.

2) I'm not sure, perhaps take a look at their site - https://www.caristaapp.com.

3) Surprisingly not. I hope they add this in a future app update.

4) Only the Start/Stop. I wouldn't describe the other customisations as majorly significant (although, that is rather subjective).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used carista today and deactivated stop start by setting the voltage to 12.1v in the options.
Now doesn't stop anymore, result :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dannymidd said:
what did you plug it into?
OBD (On-board Diagnostics) port. All cars built within the last 20 or so years should have one.

It's usually below the steering wheel and to the right (on RHD cars).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
craig3636 said:
I used carista today and deactivated stop start by setting the voltage to 12.1v in the options.
Now doesn't stop anymore, result :)
Nice! 12.1V works rather well.

The voltage will always be below this, so Start/Stop is basically being tricked in to thinking "Power consumption is too high", so will never activate. 7.6V is the factory default, should you wish to turn it back on in the future.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
craig3636 said:
Does needle sweep work on the digital dash?
Didn't try it earlier...
I haven't tried. Let me know if it works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
BenC said:
Titala said:

Thx in advance.
1) I have always changed settings via OBD on all of my past cars (and have never tried to hide it), and I have never had an issue with warranty. They would only refuse a warranty claim if they had good reason to believe that an OBD setting change caused the problem.

I would be extremely surprised if you manage to cause any damage to your car using an app like Carista. All of the customisations within Carista are tested and approved by their team. Carista is very much designed for non-technical people.

2) I'm not sure, perhaps take a look at their site - https://www.caristaapp.com.

3) Surprisingly not. I hope they add this in a future app update.

4) Only the Start/Stop. I wouldn't describe the other customisations as majorly significant (although, that is rather subjective).

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the detailed answer. Once you will have some time could you check for me what the options are for the "Auto fold mirrors"? Just "single click" or there are others too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Titala said:
Thank you for the detailed answer. Once you will have some time could you check for me what the options are for the "Auto fold mirrors"? Just "single click" or there are others too.
Single Click or Long Press.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.