Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

For my 1.0 115hp petrol engine Seat local dealer tells me it should be the C3 reference. Somewhere else everyone tells me it is the LL reference.

C3 should be the ash content but this is a petrol engine so does not matter. LL should be long life but... They seem to be the same in specs

So which one should I use for top ups /and a full change), as I am not sure which one of these 2 should I buy ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Castrol Edge 5-30 is suitable for your petrol Arona. Most importantly it meets VW spec 504.00. for petrol and 507.00 for diesels.
It also meets C3 ( actually ACEA C3) which is a European standard for oils suitable for petrol engines and light duty diesels
I suspect LL (long life?) is a bit of Castrol marketing hype included on some containers of oil indicating it is suitable for long service intervals favoured by high mileage fleet operators.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thks for the reply
So I can surely assume they´re basically the same but two letter marking different, right..
Down here in service is scheduled to every 30k kms, but I plan on an out-of-dealer mid service for oil and filters change (incl. cabin filter) at the 15k kms mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.