Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why oh why does the Arona FR S not come with an armrest as standard, it's always pictured in the brochure and online with one also the heartbeat button not available on FR S
No interior roof handles !?!?
Just order but found out afterwards so not a happy bunny

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was a little dissapointed that the fr sport didn't come with the heartbeat start button, especially as the sporty version. The armrest will be launched as a retro fit in the future as it uses the same part as the new Ibiza.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The armrest has just been launched as a retrofit: http://www.seataccesoriescatalogue.net/en/category/ctg_prds/45/1558

The part numbers are on the top right hand side of each items page. Give the number to your dealer and they will be able to order one in for you. Price is about £110.

It's so new out as a retrofit that dealers can only order the cloth version at the moment and not the leatherette version. And they will just be pre-orders, delivery might not be for a couple of months.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Baggy said:
It's available to order at Seat dealerships I've just ordered mine ..
Cost is £176 fitted including VAT
Xx
I thought i had seen a price on Cupra net that one dealer would supply it at discount for £95 if that's right £76 seem a lot for fitting

·
Registered
299 Posts
I manged to import the leatherette armrest from Belgium, all genuine parts and my dealer is going to install for me before I collect the car on Thursday.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Cost of fitting is only about £50.
As Baggy said the cost price is £176 including VAT
VAT @ 20%
176/1.2 = £146.67 Net Price
if you assume that the net price for the part is £95, then the remainder is fitting.
146.67-95 = £51.67 net

Here I have made an assumption that the net price of the part is 95£
This maybe more of less, and thus would effect the price of fitting accordingly.

So around £50 is about the normal for a main Dealer, and in some cases this is cheaper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
I manged to import the leatherette armrest from Belgium, all genuine parts and my dealer is going to install for me before I collect the car on Thursday.
Hi Dolphinfriendly1012

You got the website link you used to import the armrest from Belgium pls?
:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Like I say they weren't keen on delivery to UK but did in the end. Might be worth checking they still will ship.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Showing "Out of stock" but still lets you add to basket - odd.

Mmh - checkout all in dutch

Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
420 Posts
My Cloth one arrived today ordered from Lister Seat 3 day delivery listed on the Cupra Site

·
Registered
299 Posts
Was that Coventry Lister's?

·
Registered
420 Posts
No Listers Worcester
Mike Parts manager

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if it would be safe to install the armrest and then uninstall at the end or a lease and not cause any damage? Leasing for 3 years would rather not spend 3 years without one but obviously the car needs to be as i had it when returned. Has anyone had one fitted yet?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
299 Posts
The garage fitted mine prior to collection. But I sourced the parts and in the box were the instructions and it looks relatively simple. Remove the rear ashtray and there were 2 brackets that Bolt the armrest to the floor then there is a large piece of plastic that clips to the back and that's it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
To be fair unless your really want it back I don't suppose the leasing company would be that bothered or know the the difference as its a genuine part. As long as it goes back in good condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
To be fair unless your really want it back I don't suppose the leasing company would be that bothered or know the the difference as its a genuine part. As long as it goes back in good condition.
Yeah hopefully they wont, Suppose i shall try it without and see and then ask if i cant cope. thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi
its a 15 min job to fit it and no alterations jus keep the plastic trim you take off and when you want to remove the armrest just pop it on . But to be honest I would just leave it on

1 - 20 of 22 Posts