Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed, which I know will spend sad and lonely, but all the 2018 cars on autotrader no longer have the telephone button on the steering wheel and it just says 'view' instead. It appears this shows in updated online user manual dated 11/2017. The ateca has also changed to this so both have now a 'view' button and the voice control button. Don't know if this is the precursor to Alexa being fitted. Anyone with a 2018 model got this change of buttons. Can't find anything that's changed at the moment.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My FR built in December, or early January, has the voice control button. Also page 125 of the November 17 manual shows this and is titled with voice control, whilst page 127 shows the telephone button (despite the page being wrongly titled with voice control).
I think it is simply if you have the larger screen with sat nav you get voice control and if you have the basic 5 inch screen you don't get voice control and the steering wheel button changes in line.
I really must get out more, but I am too busy reading the 312 page manual !!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does yours have the voice control and the view button?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Screenshot_20180204-122856.pngScreenshot_20180204-122800.png

The view button shown in a 2018 se tech, the voice button on a 2017 se tech.

On the 2018 it's moved to the other side of the wheel.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes the voice on the left and the view button on the right. Sorry I didn't fully understand the change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.