Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year again here in the UK , and my arona appears to be the worst car I've had in 20 years for this .
Went out on a short journey the other day, parked up for a hour, and when I got back in the windscreen was literally coated in water.... Drawing a finger across it caused rivulets to run down the glass 馃槨
Must have sat for 10mins with "defrost" on before we could drive safely.
I always have the climate control set to 19c with Aircon.

Any tips please ? This is very annoying.

Registered
It's that time of year again here in the UK , and my arona appears to be the worst car I've had in 20 years for this .
Went out on a short journey the other day, parked up for a hour, and when I got back in the windscreen was literally coated in water.... Drawing a finger across it caused rivulets to run down the glass 馃槨

Does sound excessive, unless it's been raining when parked outside and leaks into the cabin, the moisture becoming suspended in the warm air when interior warms up, then condenses back to the glass when it cools? Also wondering if the airflow could be set to run higher than whatever the default auto is is doing, to increase the air change in the car, although probably of limited value on short runs. Was the outside temp below 4 degrees, as I seem to recall on other marques, the aircon didn't operate (by design) at low temps and therefore the evaporation didn't take place leaving more moisture inside the vehicle - Just a thought? Short runs may not allow enough time to expel the moisture in the car or water from previous runs that hasn't evaporated. Maybe a decent run is needed to "dry her out" ??

Registered

Carry a clean, dry, cloth in the car.

Registered
That鈥檚 not normal,

1) Shouldn鈥檛 be that much moisture in the car, has someone installed a pollen filter (or similar) wrongly thus allowing rain in. Is the carpet damp ?

2) Get the climate control checked, could be a sticky flap, or low gas concentration, or a fault with the air dryer in the circuit. Shouldn鈥檛 need to wait 10 minutes for it to start demisting the screen (assuming you are hitting the screen button, before returning to auto few minutes later)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aircon is not on recirc !
There is no damp I can find on the floor...

Used to have to drive my mini (original) with a squeegee in one hand, 40 years ago... Shouldn't happen today 馃が

Registered
Try running it on recirc then, it will remove the moisture.
Condensation is caused by damp within the car, my previous Citroen had a swimming pool in the spare wheel well, never found the leak, fixed it by making a drain hole. No more condensation.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've always thought recirc made this worse ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My understanding exactly...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't intend to stop breathing.... 馃ぃ

Registered
This article contradicts my opinion, How do you fix condensation inside a car? - Toyota UK Magazine however, I have always found that using the aircon on recirc rapidly removes a build up of condensation.
Sadly, heavy condensation is invariably caused by a water leak, or heavy breathing鈥
All recirc does is prevent fumes entering and more rapid temp changes. Moisture removal is not improved, in fact the reverse is true. As for heavy breathing - a car can take 4 /5 people without any issues breathing included I think! :D Some vehicles actually switch off air recic automatically to avoid issues of lack of fresh air humidity build up. Breathing definitely allowed though!

Registered
It depends on your activity, thinking back to the days of my youth鈥

sounds like some sort of water ingress

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but THAT hasn't happened in many a Michaelmas past :D

Registered
For some reason 2 photos came up.Meant to say I now have an Audi Q2 and yes,the condensation is as bad in that as well.

Registered
Water can sit on the mats for days from wet feet etc. Especially if you have rubber mats. Certainly can still be there the following day.
Also if you put wet umbrellas or coats in the car that will also add to the moisture.
I make sure everyone puts them in the boot .
Also if it raining and you are getting in and out opening the front windows an inch helps some mositure to escape.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts