Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new car two weeks ago and the following day there was a Constant Vibration on Drivers side window /door from abot 25mph upwards.
Stays pretty much the same even over rough patches of tarmac.

Tried booking it in last week but had to wait 8 days until today for an inspection / diagnosis.
Now been booked it for them 'to begin their investigatations' into the Door Card but as they need it for 'most of the day ' they couldn't look at it today ,even though it was 11am. Now have to wait a further 4 weeks for a loan car date .

Next local SEAT garage had great pleasure in telling me they were fully booked for 3 weeks before they could look at it...

So great I was delivered a 'brand new' rattling car and now have to put up with it for at least 6 weeks ... annoying to put it mildly.. :(

Anyone else had a similar issue please ?

When feeling around the bottom of the door plastic it feels loose and not secured in the centre . When you press it it moves inwards ...

Incently I took out some air in all 4 tyres as the ride was way too firm. I dropped it two bar to be in between Economey and Comfort (if that what the two figures dispalyed are meant to be) The techician is adiment he has narrowed it down to the door card and is not a wheel balancing type issue.

Any ideas anyone ? minor / major / quick easy fixes to save a 5 hour double trip there and back twice ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
355 Posts
Give the door card a light thump in the middle, it maybe the door card clip just not seated.
if this does not improve things, it could have been missed and not fitted at factory.

The numbers on the tyre pressure info relate to the amount of luggage and people you have in the car.
the pressures differ from the front to rear tyres.
the Middle of the 3 loads is the Comfort Pressure, but may increase fuel consumption.

See page 284 in your owners manual.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Gazzab

They say theres a lot going on behind the drivers door card.

Power window motor and the window runners , speakers , locking mechinism , I have keyless entry on mine which sits behind there to , door release , central locking with the deadlocks and electric mirror adjusters and so on plus everything that holds it in place. I will give it a press or thud around the edges but I wont wanna be wacking it too hard ;)

As for the trye pressure mine are now set between the Econemy which is the top figures and the Middle set with the 'i' which is comfort so its half way between the two. I found with the top figures the ride was too hard.
Yes also too little air in th etyres will cause uneven wear.

I will update after for the benefit of the forum

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have the Same with all the bells and whistles on my Arona. Excellence LUX model..
On my golf it had the keyless on both front doors. I find it strange that they only fit it on one door.. Penny pinching I assume.
and I really need to get in a change the comfort mode setting in VCD so the mirrors close with just one swipe of the hand and not have to hold it on the handle. not great when its raining, or freezing cold. Don't fancy my hand freezing to the door handle LOL..

as for tyre pressures I have mine at about the same as you, and it rides OK.
I don't have any bangs or rattles at all.
lucky I guess..

sometimes if a door card is not fully seated, the retainer clips are not full home, so a good old thump, is all it needs, done few doors cards before.
( Just not a beat it to death whack).
hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gazza, Im glad you are now happy with the car.

The more you pay the more you get no doubt.

Im happy with with what I have paid and what I have ,On first Impressions I have had a lot worse for more in the past .....
although sometimes I feel I would of been happier with a simple armrest ,
rear tints and a light in the glove box and a lighting for the back seats... instead of keyless entry , criuse I dont use and the odd bit off tech I never look at.... by hey time and tech marches on and with newer cars brings newer gadgets...

Just hit 800 miles now and I feel the engine is settling in well now after running it in the best I could , the Turbo is really starting to settle in now and kicks in nicely and very much has the feel of a larger car now when pulling away perhaps because it has a lighter frame so the diesel torque of the 115 bhp becomes more effective.

I have noticed that the underneath of the door card by the door shuts the plasic is very flimsy , so filmsy that it does feel its not attached to the outer door frame?
Is that the same for you and the same for anyone else?

Thanks in advance for any replies

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same problem here
Window (driver side only) keep vibrating when the road is not perfect.

Seat changed the lifter under warranty, admitting that it was a problem, without any improvement. Now keep saying that is normal for this model.

You can see that the windows has too much side tolerance, even closing the door. Anyone knows how to reduce the lateral play of the windows, even modifying the original parts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts