Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've had an Arona 1.6 Excellence Lux since last August and loving it.

I've had a dashcam fitted since October after someone backed into the front of the vehicle with it trailing a cable to the cigarette lighter. I've now hard wired it in, earthed it but cannot identify a switched live - every fuse I try it in the camera is permanently on and recording.

I cant connect to the cigarette lighter fuse as its a standard bladed fuse, and my cable fits the mini/micro fuse style blades.

Can anyone point me towards which one of these mini fuses I could use? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Does your dash cam have a rechargeable battery in it? If so the battery may take over when the power is off giving the appearance of being on 24/7.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi number6

It does have a standby battery - but it's more to retain the date/time settings more than power the camera.

From memory, I tried to connect to the fuses for the instrument panel and connectivity box, but the dashcam was still active an hour later. I'd have left it longer, but the last thing I need is to run the battery down!

As a short term solution, I've hidden the cabling from the cigarette lighter adaptor/plug through the panelling as it was long enough, and will probably change the fuse adaptor to fit a standard blade fuse and wire into the wipers as has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum!

Many thanks

Mickd

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Mickd, my dashcam was bought from Lidl, cheap but it works! This camera WILL work fully off its inbuilt battery when not fed from the car battery, so don't discount that completely.

·
Registered
108 Posts
number6 said:
Hi Mickd, my dashcam was bought from Lidl, cheap but it works! This camera WILL work fully off its inbuilt battery when not fed from the car battery, so don't discount that completely.
For an hour? I've never known a dash cam battery to last that long. My £200 Nextbase dash cam only lasts 25 minutes.

If your Lidl camera can last an hour without power, you really did get a bargain! :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I recently fitted a mio mivue J85 and in my opinion the footage is not as good as my previous dashcam which was a Nextbase 402g.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.