Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected SE Tech First Edition TSI last week and very impressed.
Previously had Yeti, Peugeot 2008, and Renault Captur. The Arona in my opinion beats them hands down in every respect.
Just a couple of questions, anybody know where I can get a space saver wheel?
Second question, re dash cam , the only connection I can see is the cig lighter between the seats behind the gear lever, this would entail the cable coming down centre of dash board.
Is there any other point I can connect to?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Best bet is have a look on eBay. If you type in vag space saver then loads will come up. As long as it had the correct stud pattern and diameter then should be good to go. With regards the dash Cam might be worth a word with the dealers as they have them as a dealer fit accessory and see where they would connect, might be they hard wire it into a spare accessory on the fuse board if not might be a bit of getting to hide the wire up-to the 12v socket.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi picking my Arona up on Monday and swapping dash cam from Leon i will be using the USB connection i have used my media one in Leon with a long USB lead no issues . The Arona should be easier as two UBS one a Aux and one Media . As dolphin friendly says best bet is ebay or wreckers Looking at the well i think it may take a full size spare but you would have to measure it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks Dolphin & Brian, I should have checked previous posts as the spare wheel topic had already been covered on this forum.
With regard to the dash cam I wasn't aware that u could connect via USB connection.
My dashcam is a Transcend , what type is yours Brian?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nextbase 312GW you can use a standard USB but there is a length limit, but next base prefer to hard wire or cig lighter and use a decent size cable not one that looks like cotton as the USB only 5v and you cant have any volt drop the cig lighter is set at 7v to compensate

My cable is 3 metre mini usb tp standard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried a USB cable connection but message on cam screen "says connect to computer".
Also tried connection with standard cig lighter fitting and dash cam works perfectly
Anybody know what the problem is?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes volt drop as said my post
Cig lighter connector is set at 7 to volts to allow for volt drop USB is only 5 volts so will be less at the camera and that thinks it not connected. Try it and a short USB lead .
If it still does not work check that your dash cam needs 12v not 5 volt in that case your cig lighter lead will have no resistor and just supply 12 volt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to let you know I finally connected dash cam via cigarette lighter point.
Routed it via upper windscreen, over drivers door and down via rubber trim, and under drivers seat. Very little cable visible, probably no more than if hard wired, job done.
Dealers chasing up spare wheel costs.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ive got a dash cam system in my Golf, which i am going to have moved across in to the New Arona.
its a twin camera full HD system by Thinkware, and it is hard wired into the fuse box, so and fully parking mode recording.
Its expensive system so not leaving it in the golf.
So I will get the dealer to arrange to get it transferred.

·
Registered
1 Posts
roscoeakita said:
Tried a USB cable connection but message on cam screen "says connect to computer".
Also tried connection with standard cig lighter fitting and dash cam works perfectly
Anybody know what the problem is?
Problem is same as Qashqai and many other new motors. The USB ports are connected to what is basically a computer and have a voltage still applied even after switching off. The cigarette lighter does not. So hardwire or cigarette lighter I'm afraid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.