Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 arona fr red edition
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
i have a dash cam ( not hard wired) i leave permanently plugged into to the 12v socket , even though it switches off after i remove key from ignition does it still drain the battery ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Depends whether it records impacts when the car isn’t running. Mine does, but has negligible impact on the battery. On some dashcams this function becomes inoperative when the battery reaches a certain level, configurable in your dashcam settings.

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
NO it doesn't... The socket is turned off by the car, I run mine from a usb port ... Same thing, that's why the camera turns off - the power is removed !

·
Registered
321 Posts
no, it only drains the internal battery of the dashcam

·
Registered
2021 arona fr red edition
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,
i have a dash cam ( not hard wired) i leave permanently plugged into to the 12v socket , even though it switches off after i remove key from ignition does it still drain the battery ?
Thanks for the replies all . ps. So glad i purchased the fr Red Edition the heated seats have now come in to there own ! along with the heated folding mirrors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.