Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear FRIENDS

just got my new Arona tech lux 1.6 and want to put dash cam in
Halford have told me that because i have front assist I cant have a next base i need blackvue without GPS
any one else had this problem

Capt Gray

·
Registered
14 Posts
For qualified technical expertise I would not take anything said at Halfords as being 100% accurate.

Send an email to Nextbase and get it from the horse's mouth

·
Registered
355 Posts
it maybe due to the size of the next base Dashcam.
Also the position of the camera within the windscreen area.
As there is a legal requirement for mounting devices.
So anything stuck or mounted that could cause part of the road tone obscured from the driver is technically illegal.
see the government website. this includes Satnavs etc.
so if the Dashcam is mounted under the sensor area and below the rear view mirror and causes an additional blind spot it is illegally mounted.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/669653/view-to-front-and-windscreen-obscuration.pdf

·
Registered
36 Posts
My nextbase is just to the left of rear view mirror, this doesn't affect the sensor or vision, as long as it is not in the middle of the windscreen you should be good to go. Remember to not have the screen turned on while driving as this can be classed as watching a video whilst driving, mine turns of after 10 seconds.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Utter bullshit ! your dashcam has NOTHING to do with on board systems...
The only proviso is that the rearview mirror has a light sensor on its rear... look through your screen and you'll see the little square, don't mount your cam in front of this and you'll be fine.
My cam is a yi if halfords ask ;-)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Halfords are talking rubbish, they have mixed it up with lane departure warning or sign recognition (which use forward facing cameras by the mirror, which needs a clear view) the Arona is not available with either

As already stated as long as don't cover the light sensor, it's fine, and wouldn't be able to block the rain sensor (by mirror stalk, but only visible from outside)

Front assist is the rectangular panel near front number plate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts