Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

bough new Seat Arona 1.0TSI 115HP Style three months ago. Up to last week was really pleased with the car.
I live in Israel, so the weather here is pretty hot, with temperatures getting up to 35 Celsius. I usually park my car outside where the car is fully exposed to the sun, with no cover to it. Last week when i returned to my car after a quite hot day, i noticed there were some distortion to the plastic dashboard. Also the area around it had changed from smooth plastic to rugged plastic. I have nothing in my car that could cause this, so i guess this happened due to the extreme heat that day. tried to contact Seat but they ignored me saying this could not happen without even checking my car(i sent them images through email).
did someone experienced same problem?

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-05 at 17.50.59.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-05 at 17.50.17.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-07-05 at 17.50.17.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-07-05 at 17.49.06.jpeg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks like the paint has peeled, doubt it will ever get hot enough in the UK to cause that even though it has hit over 30 recently here. Do you have a dealer you can take it to, so they can have a look at it? Looks like a flaw and as if the finish has been eaten away??? Bizarre, here we would contact SEAT customer care, do you have the same in Israel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Cyberbob, thanks for the response.
I also thinks this is paint that has melted or deformed due to the heat that was on that day. I tried to tell that to the costumer support here in Israel. SEAT customer care in Israel doesn't even thinks this is worth seeing and checking as they responded with "it's not our fault" when only seeing the images on the email. The least I would expect from them is to ask me to take my car to one of their authorized garages to see the problem.
I will try to contact with Seat international and see what they think about it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
That it into your dealer, and ask them to inspect the dash.
As that is a heat blister.
Ever trying removing paint with a heat gun and you get the same effect happen.
I would start kicking up a fuss, tell them that you are reporting it to the motoring press and the local press and say these car melted and blister in the heat..
Seat don't want people making a fuss and putting off potential sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts