Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone recently ordered an Arona Xcellence? I am trying to find out the current waiting time from order to delivery?

·
Registered
538 Posts
All UK orders are currently about 12 weeks

Might be less as some cars are made for stock, so maybe available earlier, if unsold one is already on the ship or at UK port.

A year ago, orders placed were ending up with 30 week waits because they didn't have enough parts, but seem to have got supply chain back in order now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Snowdaddy! Waiting time not as bad as last year!
Contemplating ordering an Xcellence Lux but still very angry about the top of the range not having heated seats which I wanted! Also looking at the Hyundai Kona - anyone done any comparisons?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi

I rented a new Kona for a month in Spain in October.

Not a patch on my Arona FR Sport 1.0!

You could have heated seats retro-fitted like I have - to great success. Details on request.

Keith

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Keith
Thanks for your advice - I am still steering towards the Arona! My Husband has an Ateca & we love it, so I think the Arona will win in the end.

Cold you let me know about your retro-fitted heated seats. Where did you get them fitted? Does it cause any damage to the seats or do you have to have new ones? Interested in the cost too! This could be a deal breaker for me!

Lynn

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Lynn

Yes it was a showstopper for us too!

The seat heaters were fitted by a company called Premier Vechicle Systems in Harrogate.

The seats are unaffected and the job was incredibly neat. Copy of switch attached.

Cost was about £450 but I also had AlloyGators fitted to protect the 18" alloys.

If Haarogate is too far for you just say it is great town for a mini-break!!

Keith0B9C1957-2F88-44D9-9AB2-77B377656F6C.jpeg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Keith
Thank you so much for the info - I think I will have to go for the heated seats. A very neat job!
We live in Hertfordshire but have friends near Harrogate - I know it is a lovely place! So coming up there to get the job done is not out of the question!
I intend to go to the SEAT garage & do some negotiating once the 1st March rush is over. Hoping for a good deal....but we will see😄
Will let you know how I get on.
Thanks again
Lynn

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi again Keith
Forgot to ask - what are Alloy Gators?
Lynn

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Keith
Thanks for the info - will look into those too!
Lynn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts