Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i would like to take the door panel of where the handle is and perhaps wrap it in some vinyl.
i would like to do the same with the ''white'' panel around the Gear switch.

Do any of you know how to take this of ?

2019_02_25_12_05_00_Window.png

·
Registered
420 Posts
sorry I cant help the door trims should be easy you may have to take the door card off The centre consul may be difficult
That's the reason I went for the FR as did not like the White trims in the Excellence Lux you would have thought Black or chrome

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cyberbob - good work on the wrapping.

I vinyl wrapped the bottom half of my Porsche 924 red to mimic the factory option of 1/2 red\white and with a hair-drier and a bit of patience vinyl wrapping isn't that bad to do and most people simply think its sprayed. Sounds as though removing the trim might be the hardest part of the job?

47686273_1963539077086346_2965443625309175808_o.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Can NOT find any drawings of how the door panel or the gear box panel is fitted. So if i decide to take it of i am afraid that there is a good change I'm me damaging the panels :-( is there really no one out there that has tried to take them of ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
I just found this on ebay.
It is the the panel for the gear box.

Can any of you see how it is connected?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I could not find an Arona exploded dirgram, but I have an ATECA view of the console.
It may help and give you some idea on how the Arona console is secured.
In the Atcea dirgram it seams that the 2 screws (4) in the front console secure it.
I would guess that in the first picture by Henrik, at the bottom one or both could be screw holes.
I can't on mine see any other screw fixings but I would expect that the console must be fixed to the dashboard somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the second picture by the OP it looks like barbed pegs towards the top right and bottom right of the right hand long opening. Also at about 3 o'clock in the two circular openings.

In the first picture they're at the top at the end of each pointy bit (not very technical). These are designed to push into a slot and lock. HTH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts