Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i select Eco mode the button stays lit, the head unit shows Eco selected and the display behind the steering shows the gear number with an E in front of it. Also when coasting there is an Eco symbol displayed. This is all fine and as expected.

The problem is when you turn the engine off then leave and come back to the car and start it again.

Now Mode button lights up and the head unit also shows the mode as Eco but the display behind the steering wheel shows D in front of the gear number and the Eco symbol does not display when coasting. If i press the Eco button on the head unit it will now show an E and the Eco symbol when coasting

It looks like the car is defaulting back to normal mode but still showing as in Eco mode on the head unit.

I've called my dealer and they have asked me to bring the car in to be checked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
I am sure that my golf does the same as that. But I never use the ECO mode, D and Sport. Eco mode made no difference in terms of economy on my Golf, so think its a waste of time. ive done now got nearly 30K on the Golf.
I tested this on an 80mile round trip to work.
Day 1 Eco Mode Set.
Day 2 Normal Mode Set.
Same route, both ways, same time of day both days, same levels of traffic Both days.
Overall average dropped in Eco mode.
As you need to give it more throttle to get going.
Also on an A road used acc both days same section of A Road.
Mark 7 Golf SE Tech 2.0TDi 150PS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
I think ours does the same when I put it in eco. Sometimes it said e sometimes not, but not bothered about it as keep it in Sport as I like the heavier steering feel in Sport.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
@Mandaroo

My Golf stays in Sport mode 80% of the time.
I occasionally switch profiles to normal for a day or 2 then switch back, as the car sometimes feels sluggish even in sport mode.
and swapping profiles wakes up the computer again.
then when i switch back to sport you can feel it.
Or it just could be my own perception as you get used to the feeling, and switching resets your own brain again.
only time I have used Eco mode was when I let the fuel get near the bottom of the red, and used it so it shut the fuel off during the throttle off in gear using engine braking. but I was driving like Miss Daisy so I could get to the Petrol station LOL.
Never normally let it run that Low..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GazzaB said:
I am sure that my golf does the same as that. But I never use the ECO mode, D and Sport. Eco mode made no difference in terms of economy on my Golf, so think its a waste of time. ive done now got nearly 30K on the Golf.
I tested this on an 80mile round trip to work.
Day 1 Eco Mode Set.
Day 2 Normal Mode Set.
Same route, both ways, same time of day both days, same levels of traffic Both days.
Overall average dropped in Eco mode.
As you need to give it more throttle to get going.
Also on an A road used acc both days same section of A Road.
Mark 7 Golf SE Tech 2.0TDi 150PS
Hi GazzaB,
Does this happen in your new Arona?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
I am still waiting for the build date on my new Arona, I ordered in Feb, and the dealer has been very silent.
I am getting a peeved now with it all.
I dont mind waiting, its the not having any communication/updates that I find most annoying.
As have to chase chase chase the dealer for the least bit of info
SORRY.. My Rant over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GazzaB said:
I am still waiting for the build date on my new Arona, I ordered in Feb, and the dealer has been very silent.
I am getting a peeved now with it all.
I dont mind waiting, its the not having any communication/updates that I find most annoying.
As have to chase chase chase the dealer for the least bit of info
SORRY.. My Rant over.
I placed my order 9th December and eventually picked it up 13th April. Hope you get it soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Dont look like it, ive been given a provisional date of 19th July build date and 4 weeks after that.
Also just read about the spec changes.
Not a happy buyer at this moment. if Seat Customer do confirm the changes then they have just lost an order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SEAT have confirmed that if you have the car in ECO or SPORTS mode the car will default back to normal mode the next time you go into the car. The problem is that the mode button is still lit and the head unit still shows it in the mode it was last set to. In other words the head unit is showing the wrong setting and not reset back to the default NORMAL mode
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
So - if my Arona FR Sport is now set on Individual (for me Sport engine, steering, normal dampers) although the mode light remains lit the car has in fact reverted back to Normal setting for everything?

Strange!

Keith
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
I think in individual it keeps the settings or I think it does as I am sure mines stayed same. But I'll double check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keith Hunter said:
So - if my Arona FR Sport is now set on Individual (for me Sport engine, steering, normal dampers) although the mode light remains lit the car has in fact reverted back to Normal setting for everything?

Strange!

Keith
They said that the car will default back into normal mode the next time you drive the car.
I noticed because i left it in sport mode and the next time i started the car the display behind the steering wheel was showing a D in front of the gear number but should have been showing an S. BUT the Mode button was still lit and when i pressed it, it showed as still in SPORT mode (in error) I confirmed the car was in D mode by driving and when in 7th gear I pressed the sport mode and the auto box changed gear as if going into sport mode but the head unit was already showing in SPORT mode.

In short, the car will default back to Normal mode every time you leave and go back to your car but the mode button and head unit is not defaulting back and showing the wrong setting.

My car is in at the moment for them to investigate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
When I tried the car it was in normal mode and I hated the lightness of the over assisted steering.

As soon as I set Individual mode and set steering in Sport and other settings in Eco the steering was much more tactile as far as road feedback and weight of steering is concerned. Mine is the six speed manual FR

To date I have felt the steering have the same weight so can only surmise and hope that Individual does lock these choices. But it does make sense that choosing Sport Mode alone for say a particular road or weather is regarded as a transient temporary choice, hence the default back. But can't all drivers whatever your transmission choose the Individual Profile setting? Apologies if the answer is no. Not good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
I think in individual it keeps the settings or I think it does as I am sure mines stayed same. But I'll double check.
As I understand it the individual setting will remember your custom settings but when you go back to your car it will be as if you picked the Normal mode and you will have to press the individual mode every time you get in the car to get your custom setting. my Leon i traded in would stay in the mode i left it but new SEAT cars now default to the Normal setting when you back into your car. The head unit is remembering the last setting and not defaulting back to Normal.

I can see the display behind the steering wheel showing D1 for Normal mode 1st gear but the mode button is lit and when I press it, it is showing in sport mode which is the error as it has defaulted back to normal mode. So I can see D1 normal and Sport mode at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
I think in individual it keeps the settings or I think it does as I am sure mines stayed same. But I'll double check.
As I understand it the individual setting will remember your custom settings but when you go back to your car it will be as if you picked the Normal mode and you will have to press the individual mode every time you get in the car to get your custom setting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
David. Just been into the Arona to try out music loaded onto an SD card and checked the issue in hand.

Seems to be no other menu than the Mode button itself, which, as I am in Individual Profile, stays lit up, as handbook also mentions , if I recall correctly.

On pressing Mode the screen goes to the relevant page, showing a box still around Individual. When pressing the wheel symbol it takes me into the individual choices which comprise my overall set up and these choices are as I set them.

The clincher for me, and I hope this is right . is that at the bottom of this page it gives the option you can press to Reset your choices. [ Suggests Reset is not a default in this Mode as that choice to reset would be redundant ]

That, besides the steering staying in non ice rink feel... suggests to me that while Sport is transient, the Individual Mode does seem to stick.

Anyone else use this Individual Profile mode and have any comments on the steering, if indeed they have set this to Sport, within your overall Individual Profile? Cheers. But it does suggest Individual is regarded as a lifestyle choice and is the way to set up if you want settings to 'stick'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sanchez said:
David. Just been into the Arona to try out music loaded onto an SD card and checked the issue in hand.

Seems to be no other menu than the Mode button itself, which, as I am in Individual Profile, stays lit up, as handbook also mentions , if I recall correctly.

On pressing Mode the screen goes to the relevant page, showing a box still around Individual. When pressing the wheel symbol it takes me into the individual choices which comprise my overall set up and these choices are as I set them.

The clincher for me, and I hope this is right . is that at the bottom of this page it gives the option you can press to Reset your choices. [ Suggests Reset is not a default in this Mode as that choice to reset would be redundant ]

That, besides the steering staying in non ice rink feel... suggests to me that while Sport is transient, the Individual Mode does seem to stick.

Anyone else use this Individual Profile mode and have any comments on the steering, if indeed they have set this to Sport, within your overall Individual Profile? Cheers. But it does suggest Individual is regarded as a lifestyle choice and is the way to set up if you want settings to 'stick'
Thanks for checking Sanchez,
This seems to be a minefield of issues. When I put my car into sport mode the steering feels the same (light). My last car was a Leon FR and the change was very noticeable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
My steering is set to sport and is still definitely the heavier of the 2 options, it will revert to light at very low speeds like parking but then reverts back to sport. I will double check the settings tomorrow to confirm so you'll know if it is a programming issue or a fault unique to your vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
:lol: Ha ha, I was just penning a reply which then did not 'work' when pressed send. Laughing because Dolphin has just said two of the three things I mentioned in the disappearing post , namely that steering should weight up and that it is getting to sound like a fault the garage should investigate. Great minds...

Modern systems should gain heft as you speed up and chuck it about. If that is not the case, garage pronto IMHO.

I'd definitely promote Individual if one wants ones choices to 'stick' Good luck David. SD card music works v well , anyway.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sanchez said:
:lol: Ha ha, I was just penning a reply which then did not 'work' when pressed send. Laughing because Dolphin has just said two of the three things I mentioned in the disappearing post , namely that steering should weight up and that it is getting to sound like a fault the garage should investigate. Great minds...

Modern systems should gain heft as you speed up and chuck it about. If that is not the case, garage pronto IMHO.

I'd definitely promote Individual if one wants ones choices to 'stick' Good luck David. SD card music works v well , anyway.. :D
Another good use for the sd card is you can load icons (jpg) for radio stations that don't automatically show an icon then manually pick the jpg and save it for your present stations. You can google radio station icons.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top