Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im looking to buy the Arona FR sport does any members have this model and if so could you tell me if you
can tell a noticeable difference when switching between the settings on the dynamic chassis control.
many thanks for your help

Carl

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's definitely a change between the two setting mostly on rebound, tried it over speed bumps and you could feel a marked difference. To be fair unless it's a smooth road I find the sport setting to firm making the car a bit fidgety on less well maintained back roads.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have to agree with Dolphinfriendly, sport mode dose make a notable difference to ride comfort ,very firm. There is a custom mode to change the set up to your liking along with steering feel, throttle response also.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I pick up my car next week. Can anyone confirm if the Excellence Lux 115PS Petrol Auto has this function?
Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
the Excellence Lux has comfort suspension, not adjustable.
The driver profile is to change the the steering, acceleration response and the gearbox. you have ECO, NORMAL, SPORT AND INDIVIDUAL.
The Individual mode you can change the settings for these 3.
I have this in my current Golf, with sports suspension.

I think its only the FR Sport that has the DCC adjustable suspension.

·
Registered
73 Posts
GazzaB said:
the Excellence Lux has comfort suspension, not adjustable.
The driver profile is to change the the steering, acceleration response and the gearbox. you have ECO, NORMAL, SPORT AND INDIVIDUAL.
The Individual mode you can change the settings for these 3.
I have this in my current Golf, with sports suspension.

I think its only the FR Sport that has the DCC adjustable suspension.
Thanks for the update, that's what i thought but after reading a post on here I thought someone mentioned they had noticed a difference.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You notice a difference in the engine and acceleration.
The Eco mode does not make any difference to the fuel economy.
I tried this out, when i was doing an 80mile round trip daily.
I did one day in eco mode, one day in Normal and then in Sport.
Eco and Normal I saw NO difference in economy over the same trip.
Sport used a little more, 2mpg difference.
Pressing the sport mode, puts the gearbox into sport so it stays in a lower gear for longer, to aid acceleration through the gears.
Eco mode changes up quicker than Normal mode, but you have to give the throttle more to get going, so its not really a benefit unless you have a nice open road.. and WHO has that in the morning going to work.. Certainly not around where i live.

So I mostly leave the car in Sport, but move the gearbox back into Normal drive mode. So engine, Acceleration and steering are all more responsive.
and if want to go full sport just pull back the dog leaver and it changes to sport mode.
and I have found that changing the mode between Normal and Sport, does help, as sometimes the car does not want to accelerate or gear change in not so smooth, so change the mode and it calms down again..
That is what i have found with my Golf.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just noticed that the MODE switch on my FR Sport is now permanently illuminated and from the feel of the car still set in my 'individual' setting but will not display options on the media screen when pressed!

Any thoughts?

Keith

·
Registered
355 Posts
Keith

That sound more like a failure of some kind.
as the mode should still be able to be changed anytime you wish.
with it on all the time, check that the switch is not stuck down..
otherwise off to the Garage, and tell them to fix it.

Imagine it is just a switch fault. it happens, electromechanical devices do fail, same as electronic circuits.
But get it checked out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.