Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the unleaded has been weakened I've noticed I've started filling the car more (1.0L arona) and getting 31mpg over a 200 mile tank

Anyone else noticed a bit of a drop or is the E5 a better alternative although more expensive?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Since the unleaded has been weakened I've noticed I've started filling the car more (1.0L arona) and getting 31mpg over a 200 mile tank

Anyone else noticed a bit of a drop or is the E5 a better alternative although more expensive?
No change with my DSG 1.0L Xcellence Lux. Always around 42-45mpg on mixed driving. Mostly around town, bit rural and two 150 round trips a month.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since starting to use E10 I’ve seen my usual average of 50 - 53 mpg drop to 45 - 46 mpg. The government says it’s greener but I wonder whether it’s green credentials are somewhat negated by the extra fuel used.

·
Registered
549 Posts
In the past I discovered that super unleaded (99ron) seemed to improve my mpg on my commute in SW London by about 12-13% over normal unleaded on my dsg 1.0tsi. Seems to pull better so engine doesn’t work as hard, and doesn’t need to change down as much.

I no longer do that commute, but at the time was a premium of about 12p a litre (or about 10% on £1.20-1.25) so was better value overall.

I don’t fill up as regularly nowadays, but where I live premium unleaded is still E5, so if normal unleaded is even worse since becoming E10, then on mixed driving might be getting more like 15% extra mileage on the premium, which makes it better still, as not 15% more expensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too have noticed a definate drop in performance and economy. The other half's Arona XL has gone from 50-55 to 40-45 mpg on the same journeys. I was going to half fill with E5 then E10 to improve the mpg.

Dave.

·
Registered
280 Posts
We have E10 for a couple of years now...
My 1.0 DSG always gets E5... never tried E10 98RON
See my signature , (press \/) that's my overall consumption, including long drives to France and Croatia with trailer (!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So after a full tank of E5 doing same shortish journeys the mpg was actually worse 🤯 averaged 28.9 over 220 miles, seemed to be good on the petrol when I 1st had it but lately struggles to get past 30mpg atm unless go on a long journey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts