Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not yet, may try a tuning box after I have put some more miles on. Will give around 130 BHp and 290Nm, mapping gives a little bit more - up to 140 Bhp and 300Nm torque. Obviously, tuning box just ups the voltage to the fuel rail pressure sensor to make it think the fuel pressure is lower so you get higher fuel delivery at X throttle position. But, you can easily remove and plug back in.

You can buy a 'decent'one that I have had recommended called Furious Mode On for £45 via eBay. Sounds cheap but the box I saw was quite well made and having a look inside was a proper digital circuit with a control to dial up or back power/torque levels not the cheap resistor type. It is made in Poland, but for £45 worth a punt as it is about what a tuning box should cost these days of much cheaper electronics...

Had one years back from DTUK fitted to a BMW 120d and it was kicking out 200Bhp after fitting and absolutely flew. It was the Euro 4, 2 litre 163BHp derv being prior to DPF's it was certainly a soot chucker after the tuning box was fitted.

Mapping will always get the best results but is more visible as the ECU fuel map and other elements gets changed...

·
Registered
46 Posts
For those of you who dont quite need a Rocket to get around I use a fuel additive and have done on many previous diesel engines.

I use at the momemt 'Millers Diesel Power ecomax' as it ups the cetane numbers in the fuel and increases power.
Engine sounds much quieter and increase's a few lost HP's from the low grade fuels we have here compared to the continent.
I also feel you dont have to accelerate as hard therefore should help with fuel efficiency and help pay for itself. Plus its an Injector cleaner.

One bottle is enough for around 12 full tanks of fuel in the 40 litre diesel tanks the Arona carries. As you only need 1 ml of product to every litre of diesel you put in. So it costs around £1.10p per full tank over time.
PS If you try it dont bother using double strength as no benefit after a certain amount has been proven.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can 1.0 115ps petrol be chipped as well?

I know that I don't actually need it but some of them state that you actually save fuel which I don't believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.