Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, had my xcellence lux 115ps for 2 weeks and to be honest it's engine is noisier than the Leon diesel I've just moved from. I know it's only 3 cylinder but wasn't expecting a definite growl going through the gears and when excelerating, is this normal!, I don't remember the test model being like it, going to pop back to the dealers tomorrow,
Any thoughts or am I being paranoid,

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pretty sure it's normal mine is the same ,as yours , to be fair the test drive car was the same so I guess I knew what I was getting into , but I'm just coming from a 1.2 SKODA petrol fabia

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that, put my mind at ease, guess I haven't had a petrol for so long it will take a little getting use to, not had chance to listen to any other aronas as I haven't seen any others on the road yet and I've just returned from a trip from North to South and back again, guess we should feel like the elite for a while.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just bought my daughter a C1 platinum & it's really noisy .. thought the exhaust was blowing but no .. apparently all like that .. tbh if the Arona FR is noisy too I wouldn't mind in fact would quite like it I think

·
Registered
355 Posts
My UP was noisy too it had a 3 cylinder growl if you pushed it hard up to speed, but once you got it up speed it was quiet.
I found that it got a bit quieter after a few 1000miles as the engine had loosened up a bit more. and it revved a lot more freely.
So it was easier to get away quicker and more responsive.
Take it easy on the the engine for at 1000miles and then it should start settling down a bit.
if too noisy check the oil levels, make sure its OK. and if worried go back to the dealer and get it checked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts