Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
This is my first post so please bear with me. I just want to pass on my recent experience. We have a 2018 1.0 Aroma Technology. It came out of warranty on May 12th.
Three weeks ago the engine light came on. l rang Seat who told me to bring it in for diagnostic check. I was a bit surprised that they wanted £90 just for that. Also they couldn't do it until June 9th. I was advised not to drive it.
As it was out of warranty I took it to our local garage. He said it was a problem with the actuator and he would get a repair kit to fix the problem. Duly picked the car up a few days later and paid £373.00. Drove the car about 200 yards and light back on. So returned it to the garage.
He rang to say that the turbo needed checking so he took it off but said there was no problems with it.
He then said that he found the rotor arm had seized up but he would sort that out easily enough.
The car is back now and light has gone so hopefully all is well. I was charged another £150 for work on the turbo.
This is our first Seat. It has done 19000 miles so I am very disappointed to have had these problems already. I would love to hear any comments.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi
I had exactly the same problem with my Leon but luckily it was still under warranty Regarding Seat its not just a Seat problem if you goggle turbocharger actuator you will find same issues on VW branded its a common engine across the ranges

·
Registered
31 Posts
I appreciate this is an old thread but last week the engine management light and EPC light came up on the dash of my 2019 Arona 1.0 FR. The car was still driving perfectly well so I contacted my local Seat dealer and I left it with them last Wednesday. The turbo actuator rod had seized and was replaced under warranty. The car has only done 11k miles but I was aware beforehand that this is a common fault on this engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I appreciate this is an old thread but last week the engine management light and EPC light came up on the dash of my 2019 Arona 1.0 FR. The car was still driving perfectly well so I contacted my local Seat dealer and I left it with them last Wednesday. The turbo actuator rod had seized and was replaced under warranty. The car has only done 11k miles but I was aware beforehand that this is a common fault on this engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Notice you have had the seized actuator replaced, I have the same issue and it is due to be replaced aswell. I have read that sometimes it doesn’t fix the issue completely, would be interested to know if you have had any further issues since replacing the actuator.

·
Registered
2021 arona fr red edition
60 Posts
Hi All,
This is my first post so please bear with me. I just want to pass on my recent experience. We have a 2018 1.0 Aroma Technology. It came out of warranty on May 12th.
Three weeks ago the engine light came on. l rang Seat who told me to bring it in for diagnostic check. I was a bit surprised that they wanted £90 just for that. Also they couldn't do it until June 9th. I was advised not to drive it.
As it was out of warranty I took it to our local garage. He said it was a problem with the actuator and he would get a repair kit to fix the problem. Duly picked the car up a few days later and paid £373.00. Drove the car about 200 yards and light back on. So returned it to the garage.
He rang to say that the turbo needed checking so he took it off but said there was no problems with it.
He then said that he found the rotor arm had seized up but he would sort that out easily enough.
The car is back now and light has gone so hopefully all is well. I was charged another £150 for work on the turbo.
This is our first Seat. It has done 19000 miles so I am very disappointed to have had these problems already. I would love to hear any comments.
Very common problem on this power unit im afraid,

·
Registered
2021 arona fr red edition
60 Posts
I had a similar issue on my previous arona se tech , fortunately it was still within warranty. I spoke to the dealership technician whom admitted it was an extremely common problem across the whole vw stable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts