Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To keep this short. Drove to Southampton from Lincoln today. Halfway, EPC light came on, and turbo no longer worked.
Kept going and arrived at hotel.
Rang my Lincoln Seat dealer - he advised against driving too far. However, we are now on holiday for two weeks with no chance of getting the car looked at.
Will it do any harm if I drive the car 200 miles back home to Lincoln on my return from holiday ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
To keep this short. Drove to Southampton from Lincoln today. Halfway, EPC light came on, and turbo no longer worked.
Kept going and arrived at hotel.
Rang my Lincoln Seat dealer - he advised against driving too far. However, we are now on holiday for two weeks with no chance of getting the car looked at.
Will it do any harm if I drive the car 200 miles back home to Lincoln on my return from holiday ?
Call Seat Assist - get them to come and recover the vehicle - any Seat garage can do the repairs (assume its in WTY)

Then get them to return it...

Only fly in the ointment is if your out of the country and have the keys with you..

Suggest you call them anyway - maybe they can have a rental awaiting for you on your return?

It may screw up the Cat with it not running correctly...

Alternately - they may tell you to ignore it and return to your dealer...

But if your in the UK - any dealer can do the repair / check.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update. Turbo has failed. This is the second turbo failure in a car that is just under 4 years old. Got a quote of £1790 to replace ! Fortunately Seat have decided to replace the turbo foc, but I still have to pay just under £400 labour !
No more Seats for me!
Just a word of thanks to Snows of Southampton who have been extremely helful and efficient throughout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts