Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen this on another forum https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/seat-arona-xcellence-lux-order-specification-change/ and https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/arona-xcellence-lux-specification-change.444032/ and have also spoke to Seat Corporate/customer services and my dealer they have said that effective from April 20th that the Excellence Lux WILL NOT HAVE ALCANTARA trim but will have: Heated seats
Heated washer jets
Beats Audio speakers
It will retain the rest of the Excellence Lux equipment and specs

·
Registered
92 Posts
Also informed this will not happen to mine as Ordered in Feb (ordered lux/dsg Feb week 8 delivery to me is estimated as week 32 in Aug
IGNORE LAST now updated
as just had a call from Seat and they have now said the spec changes WILL affect me even though my order was placed in Feb week 8 reason being Spanish work to there own dates ( Did not understand that and I will not attempt to do so ) Looks like this 61yr old is getting BEATS innit

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
catchacold2 said:
Also informed this will not happen to mine as Ordered in Feb (ordered lux/dsg Feb week 8 delivery to me is estimated as week 32 in Aug
Lucky you, although I'm slightly happy in that I'll now get heated seats as I suffer in the cold

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks for the Heads Up

Apologies if I missed it, but are you saying it only applies to cars ordered from 20th April.

What about cars ordered earlier in April, are they changing spec, or still being built to old spec
At this stage I have no idea if my order was in a factory queue, or fully confirmed at changeover time

The real bonus would be if you still got the alcantara, but the winter pack (and Beats audio) was added free of charge (as indirect compensation for delay), probably wont happen.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Confirmed orders should be Ok but best ring and double check imo
Been told mine is 24-week wait hope its worth is
UPDATED MY PREVIOUS POST ABOVE please look

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snowdaddy said:
Thanks for the Heads Up

Apologies if I missed it, but are you saying it only applies to cars ordered from 20th April.

What about cars ordered earlier in April, are they changing spec, or still being built to old spec
At this stage I have no idea if my order was in a factory queue, or fully confirmed at changeover time

The real bonus would be if you still got the alcantara, but the winter pack (and Beats audio) was added free of charge (as indirect compensation for delay), probably wont happen.
The change of spec is being implicated from 20/04/18, my car was ordered on Feb 28th so I'm guessing it's orders after that date are being affected.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
catchacold2 said:
Confirmed orders should be Ok but best ring and double check imo
Been told mine is 24-week wait hope its worth is
When did you order, mine was a Confirmed order and was placed on the 28/02/18

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
catchacold2 said:
Have updated my previous ( above ) post as have since been contacted again by SEAT
The beats system is wicked and will make any music sound better, I had it on my test drive vehicle and all music sounded great so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm 27 with a wide variety of taste in music so I put it through its paces haha

·
Registered
299 Posts
Doesn't matter on order date normally. If they are changing the spec then all vehicles built from the 20/04 will be the new spec regardless of if it was ordered last week or 4 months ago. It would be too much of a logistical nightmare to build old and new specs dependant on order dates.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just been sent an email by seat confirming my car is due to be built this week, delivery in 3 weeks time.
i really hope it comes with the revised package, if not i will probably cancel and wait a while longer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aubreyd said:
just been sent an email by seat confirming my car is due to be built this week, delivery in 3 weeks time.
i really hope it comes with the revised package, if not i will probably cancel and wait a while longer
Are you really wanting heated seats as well?

·
Registered
18 Posts
yup, i have a dodgy back, and the heated Seat is a godsend after a long day at work
the updated stereo is also a bonus, crossing my fingers!
i still believe these should already be standard on the top of the range model

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aubreyd said:
yup, i have a dodgy back, and the heated Seat is a godsend after a long day at work
the updated stereo is also a bonus, crossing my fingers!
i still believe these should already be standard on the top of the range model
I have a dodgy back as well and I'm a younger guy so looking forward to blasting the stereo

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have e-mailed Seat CC to ask on all the changes.
As this really is now starting to annoy me.
As nothing from my dealer about any of this, or when the build date is.
now they have changed the spec.
I am really getting close to cancelling my order and going back to VW... even if it is a little more money.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GazzaB said:
I have e-mailed Seat CC to ask on all the changes.
As this really is now starting to annoy me.
As nothing from my dealer about any of this, or when the build date is.
now they have changed the spec.
I am really getting close to cancelling my order and going back to VW... even if it is a little more money.
Which dealer are you with GazzaB?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm not sure if Seat (Spain factory) underestimated demand for Arona (all versions)
Or if Seat UK didn't expect many Xcelence Lux sales

Changing the specs suggests that factory can't cope, although I cannot guess if they are hoping to discourage orders, or making it easier to build

It is known the Arona shares line 1 with Ibiza (line 2 is Leon, line 3 makes Audi Q5s).
There is a new factory (in Algeria), currently building 120 Ibiza a day (only been going few months and still building up), by next summer will be building Aronas as well. Possibly all we can hope for short term is for Martorell to cut back Ibiza production to boost Arona production.

I too would like clarity, are the seats staying part leather, what is the alcantara being replaced by etc.

The Seat UK website is useless as both the downloadable brochure and configurator output still show spec that apparently changed 4 days ago. Changes are as clear as mud.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I got mine through SMC Aldershot, as it is the closest to me.

I have been using Martins VW in Basingstoke, and they have been fantastic, and cannot fault the Service.
When buying the car the dealer kept me informed on what was happening.
So totally different buying experience.

I cannot see why the Alcantara seats can't be heated, when they can be on other cars.
going back to cloth seats will make it feel more like a normal Excellence So why bother.
If they are changing to full leather seats its a different matter.
But I think that they will put in the same seats as the Excellence First Edition( Cloth Seats Heated) So adding the winter park and beats I see it will be not really any more special then the normal excellence.
Its really feels as if it being dumbed down.

If SEAT confirm all of this from the Customer Care.. they have just lost a sale.
I am not being mucked about..
I will wait for the VW T-Cross to come out instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I confirmed with Seat today that the spec change means the Lux now gets the standard Xcellence seats, but with the Beats, heated seats and the heated washer jets.
To say that we are annoyed is an understatement . We took weeks to decide on the wife's next new car and the seats in the Lux, being the same as the FR Sport's bar the material type, were the clincher for us as I am fairly tall and need the extra under thigh support that the seats gave over the standard Xcellence seat.
We have been given the option to cancel our order and get our deposit back and we are seriously thinking about it.
It means that the price premium of the LUX over the standard Xcellence is for things we didn't need/want.
I drive a 2017 Alhambra Xcellence and Seat is a good brand, but this is really beyond annoying.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts