Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I park my Arona on my drive which has an upward slope. When I get into the car there is a creaking noise from the rear of the car when stationary. When I start reversing down the drive and applying the brakes, there is a loud binding/creaking noise from the front brakes/suspension. I have taken the car back to the dealer regarding this problem. They adjusted the handbrake, sprayed the bushes with grease but told me that the noise is a characteristic of the car. After being in the garage the problem is no better. All the cars I've had in the past have never had this problem and I find it hard to accept this noise on a brand new car. Is anyone else experiencing this type of problem as I feel I can't accept their explanation.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I get two different noises. The creaking is the suspension shifting noisily when someone heavy gets in or out. The other noise is the brakes. They are fine when applied reasonably heavily or at high speed. Lightly applied at low speed they make a noise, like a grinding noise but I don't think it is actual grinding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:( Hi I find that when I reverse or drive forward slowly I
hear a scraping noise.
My friend noticed it first. It sounds like it's coming from
from under the engine, strange thing is it doesn't do it when the car is rolling out of gear.

I personally don't think it's the brakes. Also the main beam indicator on the dash board
doesnt work and the drivers chair has movement in it. Hopefully get it sorted at the
Dealer. Arona FR Sport.

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts