Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Recently discovered that my 2019 Arona SatNav is out of date.
Spoke to Seat dealer who sent me s link to enable a customer update. I followed the instructions, choose the smaller map 1 update and all seemed to go well until I put the SD card back into slot2. Switched on and guess what? SatNav dB not available error message on screen. So, as I had followed the instructions meticulous i had made a backup of the original map so I thought I would erase the SD card again and reinstall this. Guess what? same error message - SatNav dB unavailable. I have read some previous issues and how they have been resolved but none like this. Can anyone help please

Regards
Radders

·
Super Moderator
576 Posts
Lampie has done a few excellent how to's on updating the SD card, have a search of the forum... If you made a backup, it should go back on and work.
If you've formatted the card, then you may have destroyed it... If you were following a dealers instructions, then they are liable - ask them to replace the card !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the helpful reply.
I followed the instructions off the Seat website which stated the card should be formatted before installing the new update.
I believe that the card is ok but I will look at Lampies recommendations and try that first before going to the dealer.

Cheers.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't format the SD card, first make a backup on a harddisk...
Download the new map
go to the folder that contains the languages... detete all without English and the database reference file
Then delete all content (empty the SD card)
Copy everything from the unpacked and stripped zip file to the sd card.
Go back to your backup and find overall.nds file... discribed in earlyer forumthread
copy that into the folder on your SD card and it should work

I've made 2 threads how to do this in 10 steps...
Just follow that, and you'll be fine.

Works for the 2018 + 2019 pre-facelift Arona's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Lampie.

Do you think that the reason I am now unable to get the maps working - even when I reload the original map software is because I erased the SD card by using the format function? This is how Seat explains to do the update.

Cheers

Radders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you.
Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of Overall.nds file and why doesn't the new version work. Software can be really baffling!

·
Super Moderator
576 Posts
Thank you.
Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of Overall.nds file and why doesn't the new version work. Software can be really baffling!
Stolen from another forum 😜

It does not link the card specifically to your unit. The overall.nds file links the map release to your unit. So when it initially read that file it said June or November, year xxx. Mapcare which you can't buy in the UK gives you an update period. So when your initial card went in the unit it updated the units navigation FeC (function enablement code). That's the cut off period for putting new maps in the car. Where Mapcare isn't sold the cut off date is set at the release date so if you change the data on the SD card you get that message. What Exciter found has moving the overall.nds file from the original card to the new map release was that it fooled the system to think the map hadn't been updated, since the period date stamp hasn't changed.

Reactions: seatk7
1 - 15 of 15 Posts