Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a test drive on 6thMarch and ordered a red Arona FR DSG,grey roof the same day. The dealer found one actually in transit to Newcastle and it is now with dealer in Kent. I am collecting it on 28th March. That8s only 22 days from start to finish. Much better than the 12 weeks I was quoted from another dealer. Very happy bunny and can't wait.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lucky you! Ordered my Arona on 5th March - build date is the end of April which seems an age away ....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered mine on January the 23rd and my estimated hand over date is the 31st of may. I have heard though that some dealers say it will be ready on its delivery date, then it comes to that date and it's not ready at all and it would take another 4 weeks to be made.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It seems there is a pool of cars ordered with specs and colours that can be expected to sell well that the dealers can access to get orders filled quickly. It means you don't get to specify exactly what you want, but you don't have to wait seemingly endless months for your car.
I got mine this way as I wasn't too bothered about optional extras or what colour it was (mostly black or white was fine with me) and I wanted to get rid of my old one before needing to renew insurance, MOT etc.

·
Registered
538 Posts
This was the whole purpose of the EZ easy order system, no options (some can be added by dealer), many cars delivered to UK compounds for shipments to dealers.

It has taken about 18 months, but seems they are now getting it to work, and more common colours often available or replacement stock in transit to UK

Huge change from 12 months ago when orders in March were often not 8-10 weeks, but taking 25-32 weeks for some of the higher specs, or any petrol or DSG version.

For the newbies who don't know the story from last year, what happened was some plonker at SEAT decided 2 years ago that Brits like driving low spec diesel manuals, so set up production capacity based on that. Simply couldn't cope the the volumes of upper spec petrol autos. Things finally improved when Line 3 at Barcelona started making small Audi's so they had to get parts in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up my Arona FR Sport yesterday. Placed my order on 13 Jan so took just over 10 Weeks...well worth the wait!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts